Large Sprocket | Torque Exhaust - Need Dead Stop Power

Well I have to say... This forum is DRAMATIC! lol....

I put the 60th tooth sprocket on and based off of what the replies said I thought this thing was going to flip me over.

Well....

I have to say it is slightly noticeable going with the 60 tooth vs the 44 tooth. I wish they made a 120 tooth now after trying the 60 tooth.

Plus, I did the upgraded exhaust.

So with the 60th tooth plus the torque exhaust it still won't climb up the easy hill out of the three I'm trying to conquer. I'm pretty much past this little 80cc motor now. It just can't put out what I need it to.

Watching my son blow up a hill on his 196cc go cart and my bike bog down and die just makes me feel like abandoning the 80cc bike stuff altogether. These 80cc motorized bikes just aren't capable of handling the basic roads where I live. I don't believe they make anything that I can do to this bike to make it climb these hills.

:cry:
Something is not right, you should be able to accelerate up hills with a 60 tooth gear!
I climb some pretty good hills here with stock engines and the 44 tooth gear no problem, it's all in the setup and tuning so it breathes right. What exhaust upgrade did you do?

Something is not right, you should be able to accelerate up hills with a 60 tooth gear!
I climb some pretty good hills here with stock engines and the 44 tooth gear no problem, it's all in the setup and tuning so it breathes right. What exhaust upgrade did you do?
I am going to post pictures, videos, etc... soon so we can get this all in the open and invite critique. I feel like everyone is picturing regular hills when it actually looks like this:

steepest-street-baldwin-article_tcm25-614487.jpg

I am going to post pictures, videos, etc... soon so we can get this all in the open and invite critique. I feel like everyone is picturing regular hills when it actually looks like this:

That's pretty steep but with a 60 tooth I'd still expect to climb that, we have a few like that here as well but longer the worse ones are those with tight turns in them.

That's pretty steep but with a 60 tooth I'd still expect to climb that, we have a few like that here as well but longer the worse ones are those with tight turns in them.
I agree, that's pretty steep but he should be able to climb that with a 60T, even with a stock exhaust. but it might be difficult from a dead stop though. It would be good if he could get some speed up before hitting the steep part.

That is a steep hill but I would expect my bike which is stock Grubee with a 48 tooth would make it up, Although Really slow I would imagine.

I would check your compression or your piston rings, If you don't have the proper tools to check compression I would bet that someone on this forum could tell you how to get at least a good idea of what level from bad to worse or good it's in if you start a new thread with a title similar to this paragraph

That's steep for anything... San Francisco is like that probably just more than the china doll can handle...
I would love to see you go up that on a stock kit... On the way down you can claim you did 100 and be in living room of whatever lives at the bottom of it... 🤣

Back