Large Sprocket | Torque Exhaust - Need Dead Stop Power

The main jet does not effect the low end and a 65 main is awful lean and will run very hot with you holding wot trying to climb hills,

carb_tuning_1200x1200.jpg
Thanks Ryderz! I like a straight to the point comment to my post with useful info!!!!!

I have noticed after going to the #65 jet now it now has a surging effect. Like it will go crazy fast (super fast like I've never seen - making me grip on for dear life - i feel like i'm surging up to 50mph sometimes) - but it is inconsistent and only at WOT. It is strange after going with the 60th sprocket especially & the exhaust upgrade. I wanted more torque, but with the surging I am topping out with crazy speed (and still have maximum torque down low). It's like twice as fast even with the 60th sprocket.

Something feels like it I am uncovering a crazy secret or my bike is about to explode. Lol

I am getting insane torque down low, and the bike can go faster than it did before with the 44t sprocket (with the inconsistent but reliable "surging problem").

Something fishy is definitely going on. I love the results, but I am starting to feel like I am riding a grenade.

Thanks Ryderz! I like a straight to the point comment to my post with useful info!!!!!

I have noticed after going to the #65 jet now it now has a surging effect. Like it will go crazy fast (super fast like I've never seen - making me grip on for dear life - i feel like i'm surging up to 50mph sometimes) - but it is inconsistent and only at WOT. It is strange after going with the 60th sprocket especially & the exhaust upgrade. I wanted more torque, but with the surging I am topping out with crazy speed (and still have maximum torque down low). It's like twice as fast even with the 60th sprocket.

Something feels like it I am uncovering a crazy secret or my bike is about to explode. Lol

I am getting insane torque down low, and the bike can go faster than it did before with the 44t sprocket (with the inconsistent but reliable "surging problem").

Something fishy is definitely going on. I love the results, but I am starting to feel like I am riding a grenade.
To me it sounds like you got a lean surge problem, at wide open throttle & 65 jet its leaning out resulting in the surging problem. I may be wrong, maybe others will chime in.

maybe you went less on the jets for lower speeds instead of wot? If your four stroking at lower speeds try changing air fuel screw, pilot jet, and the little clip on the needle before you go lean on the main jet. What elevation, carbuerator, and motor are you running?

Back