LAW IN MN - Did you know that?

Cool, sounds as if your police and courts aren't quite as rabid as here. Glad to hear that. Nobody wants a bunch of drunks causing carnage and mayhem, but nobody wants peoples lives destroyed for something minor either.

Title

Hi I just got a bike that will be kept in MN. Did trying to register the bike work for you?

Gave up on it too much red tape and B.S. and DMV dont know much on it. No prob;s with the popo so untill then who cares i'm having fun. many cops have seen me and nothing said. dont ask dont tell right.

Buzzed

Actually, in most states pedalling home would be a bad idea. You can get a DUI on a bicycle....or horse......or lawn mower etc etc. Dumb...yeah. About 3 years ago a friend and his wife went out and got a bit too tipsy. They decided to walk home about 6 blocks. The police were watching their car, and after they had walked about 2 blocks past it, they were arrested.....for DUI. The justification was that they left the keys in the car, and *get this* they *could have walked back and picked it up after they went home*. Not only that....it stuck. Now that's dumb.

In the buzzed situation i dont go anywhere, or use the manual bike if transportation is needed. I get the riding out of my system,before the alchol enters my system.

As i understand it. Any small moped, motorbike, motorskooter that is going under 30mph and not in a lane but driven on right side like a bicycle is not required to be registered like a motorcycle.
The motor size is of little concern.
Operate it like a home built and rightly so.
Motors dont have the cc size on them so how can a cop know the size.
Always where a helmet and face cover. Stop at stop lights and signs and pedestrians. Drive carefully and respectfully and without fear.

Back