Lawn Mower Muffler

I used to ride around without any hearing protection (still do) and yeah by the time i get back after a ride it doesn't sound all that loud. The hearing comes back in 5 mins tho! It is not good. Now that I have a shifter kit (but not a running engine yet) i can keep the revs low so it's not that loud.

I have been running without a muffler since the time it fell off, it isn't too bad with a full motorcycle helmet on and pretty quiet if I close the visor.

I recently changed my jet to 75 from 65 after I put on an open air filter that was initially resulting in no power at wide open throttle. It seems fine so far, problem is gone, but something feels off, might be 4 stroking, I think (need to listen more carefully before I come to that conclusion) I need to switch to 80 or 70, but it was pretty cold the day it was acting funny, I had to peddle up a hill that would usually awkwardly crawl over with the previous stock jet and air filter combo.

I need to deal with a vacuum leak before anything else, been riding with that issue for months now. It was initially the gasket which was fixed and one more leak I didn't bother dealing with thinking it's minor, it's the part the carb meets the intake manifold, the slits on the fins, got a Red rtv gasket, but it's not really meant to be used around fuel. It will reduce the leak which should better than now. I just end up using the kill switch rather than wait for the engine to take forever to idle.

Typically if you decrease the resistance to airflow (better filter, better pipe, etc) you will typically need to go up in jet sizes to accommodate the larger volume of air flowing through. Before messing much with the jets it's fairly important to make sure you have no leaks since they will throw off the jetting once fixed.

Also, cold temperatures means the air is more dense, so thicker. So you need an even higher jet.

Typically if you decrease the resistance to airflow (better filter, better pipe, etc) you will typically need to go up in jet sizes to accommodate the larger volume of air flowing through. Before messing much with the jets it's fairly important to make sure you have no leaks since they will throw off the jetting once fixed.
I will deal with that sometime this week and finally get over with it. Thanks a bunch

As someone who has really bad tinnitus from working in a loud environment, I don't understand why young guys think it's cool to destroy their hearing.

It just strikes me as epically stupid. Your chances of getting your hearing back to normal is pretty much zilch once the persistent ringing in your ears starts.

Dont be an idiot. quiet bikes, and ear protection, saves your hearing.

As someone who has really bad tinnitus from working in a loud environment, I don't understand why young guys think it's cool to destroy their hearing.

It just strikes me as epically stupid. Your chances of getting your hearing back to normal is pretty much zilch once the persistent ringing in your ears starts.

Dont be an idiot. quiet bikes, and ear protection, saves your hearing.
What worse part right now, is how awkward it is going around residential areas with it straight piped, will get around to it sometime this month.
Especially with people with strollers going by, end up just turning the engine off or stop accelerating because I feel like a complete douche.

I couldn't really stand it until I ended up wearing a full face helmet all the time and wear my bicycle helmet less often

Back