Laws in Daytona florida says our bikes are okay

just went to dmv site says april 10th is the first appointment open so there you have not quiet a month but then i would pay for tags for 5 days of worry free riding .no thanks ill just wait

Just go to the DMV and try to get it registered, if you can't get it titled or registered, have them print out that fact and just ride around.... If a cop stops you, just pull out that piece of paper.

That is exactly what I did and I was told to carry the papers.

Need more proof? Copy and Ride First it is not a Motor Vehicle thats why you can't get a tag.
t2. 322.01 f.s.
Score: 77.42%
Abstract: (27) "Motor vehicle" means any self-propelled vehicle, including a motor vehicle combination, not operated upon rails or guideway, excluding vehicles moved solely by human power, motorized wheelchairs, and motorized bicycles as defined in s. (28) "Motor vehicle combination" means a motor vehicle operated in conjunction with one or more other vehicles. (32) "Passenger vehicle" means a motor vehicle designed to transpor more than 15 persons, including the driver, or a school bus designed to ...

322.01 Definitions.--As used in this chapter:

(27) "Motor vehicle" means any self-propelled vehicle, including a motor vehicle combination, not operated upon rails or guideway, excluding vehicles moved solely by human power, motorized wheelchairs, and motorized bicycles as defined in s. 316.003.

And The state makes the laws regarding these matters and local govt may not interfere and that includes Sheriff Puffy Pants.

the opinion of the opinion of the City Attorney of Daytona Beach with regard to the intent of the law

Subject: Uniform Traffic Control Act, municipalities
J. T. Frankenberger
City Attorney

On consideration of the foregoing it is clear that the Legislature intended, by its comprehensive action in enacting Ch. 76-286, Laws of Florida, classifying motor-propelled bicycles or 'mopeds' as bicycles and determining how they were to be regulated on a uniform state-wide basis, to require that moped operators or riders be treated as bicycle operators or riders uniformly throughout the state and in all the municipalities therein. The Legislature by enactment of Ch. 316, as amended aforesaid, and by making it unlawful to enact, and prohibiting the enactment or enforcement of, any traffic ordinances in conflict therewith has effectively preempted the regulation of bicycle/mopeds to the state. Furthermore, because moped operators had, prior to such action, been required to wear the same protective devices as other motorcycle riders according to the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, the reclassifying of mopeds as bicycles clearly demonstrates that the Legislature intended that moped riders be relieved of the requirements of wearing such protective devices throughout the state.

The Legislature defines a moped as a bicycle in s. 316.003, F. S., and changed the definition of 'bicycle,' 'motorcycle,' and 'motor-driven cycles' and excludes motor-propelled bicycles or 'mopeds' from the definition of 'motor vehicle,' 'motor-driver cycles,' and 'vehicle' by Ch. 76-286, Laws of Florida, as reference to the title thereof clearly discloses, and provides regulations for such motor-propelled bicycles or 'mopeds' in s. 316.111, F. S. In the latter section the Legislature provided special regulations in subsections (14) and (15) applicable only to the operation of
bicycle/mopeds. More

On consideration of the foregoing it is clear that the Legislature intended, by its comprehensive action in enacting Ch. 76-286, Laws of Florida, classifying motor-propelled bicycles or 'mopeds' as bicycles and determining how they were to be regulated on a uniform state-wide basis, to require that moped operators or riders be treated as bicycle operators or riders uniformly throughout the state and in all the
municipalities therein.

http://www.flsenate.gov/statutes/in...s&Submenu=2&Tab=statutes&Search_String=76-286

http://www.flsenate.gov/statutes/in...ute&Search_String=76-286&URL=CH0322/Sec01.HTM

Last edited:
tag

Gene, 316.003 is what I carry with me on my bike when I ride just in case I run up against a cop that does not know. 2 of my bikes are registered even though it is not required, it can be done. ps headed to jims, rear pully and 3 speed hub should be installed today, will post a pic, wont be long and it will be spoiler time!

Attachments

• 07-31-08_1637.jpg
    07-31-08_1637.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 212
  • 08-06-08_1636.jpg
    08-06-08_1636.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 192
I can't wait to see the pics. You will have tell my how you got those tags in a PM
LOL
Gene

Back