LD Z4JC?

darwin

Electricity always takes the path of least resistance to ground. So if 1 electrode is oxidized or fouled in anyway you have 2 more to use. That's the only advantage I see in a multielectrode plug. Also the firing sequence/timing of the spark won't change at all so there's no INCREASE in spark firing.

JerboaJohn

yeah, there's no concrete data showing performance increase with multiple electrodes except like Darwin said,,
plus you want a constant start place of combustion, not sometimes 3mm this way or that

Sumsloppymeet

yea i rode it like 1.5 miles to 711 for drinks and smokes she was acting weird as hell overheating and bogging like a MF had to hold the kill button ffor a solid 60+ secs for it to die off lmao Back to the NGK B8HS

GreasyChris

Personally I think the 3 prong spark plug is a scam. They cannot be gappeded properly or indexed and as Darwin said the spark will take the path of least resistance. It is also a cheaply made Chinese plug so I doubt its reliability. With a good quality coil and cdi a quality name brand plug should be all you need.

Frogslayer

yea i rode it like 1.5 miles to 711 for drinks and smokes she was acting weird as hell overheating and bogging like a MF had to hold the kill button ffor a solid 60+ secs for it to die off lmao Back to the NGK B8HS
Props for trying at least. Would cause slight increase in compression but probably not noticable. I actually file off some of the outer electrode for less shielding.

Attachments