Ld100's

CrispyLeaves98

Local time
7:36 AM
Have you guys seen these 2 piece yd100's rather than one piece? It seems they just came out. They have the exact same price, WAY wider exhaust ports, a little wider intake ports, it looks like the engine could be ported, and a dual spark plug head. Id like to see if they make CNC heads for this engine, maybe this will flop, or maybe it will be a really strong engine, who knows. If anyone got this kit, tell me how it goes!

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I think hughes motor bikes does a review on his youtube channel of this engine. He calls it something else though, not the LD100

That seems to be some sort of gimmick to me, 2 plugs on a 2 stroke???...i cant see that doing anything different than a single E3 spark plug.

I must be missing some sort of motor theory here...lol...DAMIEN
2 plugs on a larger cylinder, think air plane, lol, works well. Our heads have too small a chamber to benefit from and extra plug. You could however increase compression and use the extra hole for a pressure release for starting.

Lol who wants to fall out of the air in a airplane, do to a failed spark plug, like Karl said I believe airplanes use a primary & secondary ignition in case of a sparkplug failure or ignition failure. Alls they got to do is flip a switch, to stay running in case of a failure. But with 2 spark plugs on a CG it would somewhat increase compression ratio, plus the cool factor of 2 plugs.

Is this just a jug kit for a standard crank and body? The two plug head is a little gimmicky, but two lead CDIs are available. The price isn't too bad. I was just looking at the CDHpower store yesterday, but I didn't see this engine. Why isn't it branded with a CDH sticker?

Is this just a jug kit for a standard crank and body? The two plug head is a little gimmicky, but two lead CDIs are available. The price isn't too bad. I was just looking at the CDHpower store yesterday, but I didn't see this engine. Why isn't it branded with a CDH sticker?
Prob because it's new. I noticed CDH will let new stuff out on some of their alt sellers/sites Authorized sellers, but not on their mains. Like testing the water to see what sells before they offer it up on their branded site.

Alibaba selling minimum orders of 50 full kits for $60 - $80 dollars. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for these to arrive any time soon. This engine does look interesting. Huge exhaust port. Does it need a custom exhaust to take advantage of the port size?

Alibaba selling minimum orders of 50 full kits for $60 - $80 dollars. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for these to arrive any time soon. This engine does look interesting. Huge exhaust port. Does it need a custom exhaust to take advantage of the port size?
I think it is using a pipe like the bullet trains use. Big wide thing, nice fat header. Haven't had one in my hands so I can't be sure.

Back