Ld100's

Everybody wants the Big Bore engines (I want more power!). Are they really better? I'm intrigued by this new LD100 engine. @Karl Snarl , what steel sleeve engine are you talking about. There is a lot of discrepancy in quality.
Steel sleeve 100cc engine or a 100cc jug on a 66 bottom. They kick butt. Do a little search for recent posts and we've been chatting about them a lot. I'd shoot some links but lunch is almost over.

I run 8% nitropropane in a steel sleeve , holding up beautifully. Street Ryderz is one of them helped me get it running right.

That seems to be some sort of gimmick to me, 2 plugs on a 2 stroke???...i cant see that doing anything different than a single E3 spark plug.

I must be missing some sort of motor theory here...lol...DAMIEN

Racers in the 60s started using 2 S/P in an attempt to burn 100% of the fuel and increase compression. IMO it really only makes the head temps hotter. Because if that was a proven way to win races all racers would still be doing it,
So yes it's just a Gimmic to sell more stuff because ya got to back up that 2 S/P head by a Dual coil

Have you guys seen these 2 piece yd100's rather than one piece? It seems they just came out. They have the exact same price, WAY wider exhaust ports, a little wider intake ports, it looks like the engine could be ported, and a dual spark plug head. Id like to see if they make CNC heads for this engine, maybe this will flop, or maybe it will be a really strong engine, who knows. If anyone got this kit, tell me how it goes!

Thread 'LD100 bicycle engine' https://motoredbikes.com/threads/ld100-bicycle-engine.60240/

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.

Attachments

• PSX_20211128_191442.jpg
    PSX_20211128_191442.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 169
That's the document I'm pulling the specs from. I was just composing a reply relating to the difference in performance between the 66/80 cc engines and the LD100. Just hang on a tick ;-)
the LD100 is a 50mm piston and 40 stroke. Uses a yd rod. I like it so far but I replaced the thin dual head with a cnc one.

Would you think that it is worth it to upgrade from a yd?
Not necessarily. Performance is the same. The LD is easier to port with removable head. If I had a choice between the two I would go for the LD but if you already have a YD I wouldn't waste the money expecting something better. Plus the LD head is too thin and can warp from heat. Manufacturers are saying they will address this soon.

Back