LEADED GAS MOD

DuctTapedGoat

Local time
12:14 AM
So I just wanted to share my findings.

I bought some LEAD SUBSTITUTE additive.

I put 0.5 OZ in a gallon of premixed 2 cycle fuel, and oh my God it sounds so much better. Higher compression. Smoother operation. Lead substitute additive. This stuff is slick!

you can get real leaded gas for about 5 bucks a gallon from airstrips. look for 100ll pumps.

you don't have higher compression from a different fuel, that's all about engine geometry. if fuel changed engine geometry you need to find a new fuel.

again, not really how it works. atomized fuel doesn't have a viscosity, not in the same way at least. and if you've got enough liquid fuel in the cylinder to affect compression by more than a couple PSI you're about to have a bent rod.

It's a recipe for higher performance. Why you define it yourself and mix up a batch of something good.

Also research on your own, LEADED FUEL 2 CYCLE COMPRESSION HIGHER.

The old racers would use leaded because of its higher compression and availability.
Break in ratio is to increase lubrication and compression. This is like a synthetic additive at a low mix ratio. 0.5oz

Old racers used leaded fuel because it burned at a lower temp and they could run as high as 14:1 compression. Pretty sure it wasn't the gas that increased compression...not how it works...

"Simply switching to leaded fuel cannot increase power. The lead in fuel suppresses detonation by acting as a negative rate catalyst for OH-, slowing its rate of production. To increase power by use of leaded fuel, the compression ratio must be increased to the knock threshold of the leaded fuel. It is the torque increase resulting from the increased compression ratio that boosts power."
Using leaded gas without changing the geometry of the cylinder/piston/head lowers your power. Please do some of your own research...

Back