Leaking from cover

Robranger714

Local time
7:57 AM
I recently purchased this bike, gas is leaking from this plastic , skull shaped cover. There is no gasket present. Fuel just pours out from the bottom, even when tightened. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 131
I recently purchased this bike, gas is leaking from this plastic , skull shaped cover. There is no gasket present. Fuel just pours out from the bottom, even when tightened. Any help would be appreciated.
That is your air filter assembly and doesn't need to be real tight, and tightening it doesn't do anything but break it.

Refer to post #2.

You have a fuel leak inside the carburetor. Take the float bowl off and make sure the float valve is working properly.
It's possible your crankcase has fuel in it.

I had this issue for two reason. First time, my float had a crack, and became a sink. With the float at the bottom, nothing stopped gas from flowing. Check float to make sure no gas is inside it, if so, replace the float. If not, try what Aqutey said. That was the second issue. Needle valve was sticking.

Save yourself the mystery headache get 10 bucks get on eBay get a new carb somethings are bitter replace than repaired just be sure you watch the shipping dates you don't want to wait 3 months to order from Hong Kong.

Ok, I replaced the carburator. Now I lost a part somewhere. I need a throttle cable (with mixture adjuster?) that fits this new carb. What is it called and where can I get it. I tried Google and Amazon, no luck. You can see my current cable in the pic,

Attachments

• throttlecable.jpg
    throttlecable.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 103
You could try bikebury but I have bought one from them before took 3 weeks before housing crack to s**t or try gas bikes or if you're in a jam take a mini file to a regular brake cable file it down dicksporting goods sells one cable that has a slug of lead on both sides. Or you can go to an auto part store and buy a cable stop there many but the kit is over price if that's what you need a cable stop.

Ok, I replaced the carburator. Now I lost a part somewhere. I need a throttle cable (with mixture adjuster?) that fits this new carb. What is it called and where can I get it. I tried Google and Amazon, no luck. You can see my current cable in the pic
Correct me if im wrong here, but your original carbie looked like an NT carbie to me...Your new carbie looks a different type of carbie to me judging by the pics...DAMIEN

NT and HP carbs use the same cable. You might have to file down the end piece to get it to fit in the HP.

Back