Leaking gas on CDI

M

Member 28982

Could leaking gas onto CDI box cause it to fail? Curious, my fuel line has been leaking from the flow valve. Wondering if this could cause it to short circuit much like riding in heavy rainstorms which I do in South Florida.

Has anyone tried mounting CDI above air filter below seat bar?

Attachments

• 20180827_194512-1.jpg
    20180827_194512-1.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 161
But does execcive moisture or gas leakage cause CDI to fail more frequently? ... This is my only mode of transportation. I dont have a drivers license. I put roughly 15 to 40 miles a day on my bike.

Put silicone where the wire comes out of the cdi that should stop any failure from moisture. Might want to get a new valve but i'm betting you need a new gasket above it. Happened to me not too long ago. Why don't you have a licence?

Its revoked for 5 more years. As you know. States didnt really start cracking down on drinking while driving until after it was already an issue. But hey its ok to text while driving. LoL wont become a law until more people are harmed because of texting while driving. I'd rather ride my bike anyways. People should be tested more often For drivers licenses

Back