leaky fuel line/tube

ty151

Local time
2:24 AM
Just finished up my RAW 80cc build a few days ago and noticed that my fuel line is leaky at all the connections. I have an inline fuel filter and with that connected, it leaks a little bit at all 4 connections. It drips all over the ground when i stop riding and put the kickstand out. I have tried using zip-ties to tighten up the line but it hasnt worked, so does anyone have any ideas? Thanks

strange -- kind of ??
most of these fuel lines just slip over and seem to hold with no clamps
sounds like you could use
some very small hose clamps sold at the local auto parts store
probably the smallest size in their clamp display rack
MM

Yea I will have to give those hose clamps a shot.

And sometimes it seems like when i turn the gas off, it doesnt ever really turn off. Anyone w\know whats going on there?

ty,

Try taking the fuel line off with the petcock closed. More than likely you will see fuel slowly drip out. Move the lever so that it totally stops, Use a "Sharpie" or scribe a line into the valve body to mark the place that is the real "off" position. Now when you shut off the supply line the lever up with the mark. This should help a bunch,

It still may leak out between the connection between the tank and the petcock valve which you will have to seal.

Around here we have been trying to leave a loop in the fuel line so that when the fuel is "off" it has to go up before it can run through the filter and carb to the ground. This seems to be working. When the petcock is open, pressure and gravity get the fuel around the loop without any issues.

ty,

Try taking the fuel line off with the petcock closed. More than likely you will see fuel slowly drip out. Move the lever so that it totally stops, Use a "Sharpie" or scribe a line into the valve body to mark the place that is the real "off" position. Now when you shut off the supply line the lever up with the mark. This should help a bunch,

It still may leak out between the connection between the tank and the petcock valve which you will have to seal.

Around here we have been trying to leave a loop in the fuel line so that when the fuel is "off" it has to go up before it can run through the filter and carb to the ground. This seems to be working. When the petcock is open, pressure and gravity get the fuel around the loop without any issues.

Yea i have figured out where my "real off" position is but i just cant figure out how to keep it from leaking at the connections. It leaks the most at the carb. inlet so I used a hose-clamp and we will see if that works or not.

Zip ties? Hose clamps are called that for a reason. There are even spring clamps down at the hardware if you don't want worm drive clamps.

Take a gander under the hood of a car or on a motorcycle some time. How many fuel lines are held on by hope or zip ties there? If holding your gasoline in less important? Doing this right is worth the extra $2.95 for a few hose clamps.

Zip ties on fuel hose is a pet peeve of mine...I can't decide if it bothers me more than JB Weld on...anything....nope- nothing annoys me more than JB Weld.

You will not regret taking the time and spending a few shekels to do a quality job.

I already have hose-clamps on there and it doesnt seem to be working, its almost like its worse than it was before

Then you have the wrong size fuel line. What I mean is, the line that came with the kit may not be the best. Try some automotive grade fuel line. I spent around 3 bucks for 2 feet- plenty left over.

Then you have the wrong size fuel line. What I mean is, the line that came with the kit may not be the best. Try some automotive grade fuel line. I spent around 3 bucks for 2 feet- plenty left over.

Yea thats what Im going to try now. Any particular size i need.

Back