LED headlight monopolizes current!

Scootmeister

Local time
12:49 AM
Recently I installed a Mini-Gen Max coil to my Chinagirl and wired the AC output to a full phase rectifier. I connected my LED headlight, the instrument light to my Whizzer speedo, and my Bell LED tail light to the DC output. When I start the engine, the LED Headlight burns like the sun, but the other two lights do not work. When I disconnected the headlight from the DC circuit and start the engine, the other two lights work fine. When I disconnect the DC line from the rectifier and patch in a nine volt transistor battery, all three lights work like they are supposed to. Does anyone have a clue to what's going on here?

Sounds like there must be some AC floating about.

Wonderful Creations sells their own regulator/rectifier to go with the Mini-Gen.
You can order it as a separate part.

Speaking about Wonderful Creations. They have created a bespoke 12 volt lighting system for me, complete with 4,000 mAh lithium battery and a weather proof 12 volt cigarette lighter adapter so i can recharge an ipad, or laptop or GPS or any other device.
It gets better though in that they have added an weather proof LED back light display that allows me to scroll through functions such as charging rate and current draw (when devices are connected) and incorporated a head light switch that can cycle through modes of head light only or head light with LED display.
They said the system displays a few other functions but i can't remember what they were.

They are also looking at manufacturing a rare earth neodymium magnet that should pump up the current output over the standard magnet, because i want to connect my heated jacket and heated boot warmers, for the colder months of the year.

Hey Fabian, I didn't realize AC floats!!! Anyway, the rectifier I'm using is a working unit from my Yamaha so I'm thinking that's not the problem. I'm thinking the honkin' LED in my headlight is soaking up all the amperage, leaving the other two lights high and dry. I just can't figure out why all three work with a little 9 volt transistorzed battery and not from the coil. Maybe one of the hotshot electronic engineers on this forum can come up with something to help out this old hacker.

Back