...left a scratch

I rather think I qualify for that one...lol...in the very early 90s, I was hit from behind by a gold Monte Carlo while riding my motorcycle through Providence, RI...I was propelled off the bike and hit a big stone wall in front of Johnson and Wales University head and right arm hitting first...I had amnesia for a couple of hours and my right arm was just hanging down, (I shattered the elbow radius bone which they had to piece back together).
The helmut was not only scraped from hitting the wall head first, but also broke into two distinct halves...The paramedics placed what was left of the helmut on top of my chest to alert the shock trauma unit at RI hospital that this was a motorcycle accident with head injury...Needless to say I had a major concussion with massive headache to go along with it...Demerol was my friend for a while...lol.
THAT explains it!

;)

Yea, 20mph is moving. 30/35mph is going fast, zooooom!
Not like this is new news but.., since reading this post I paid particular attention riding today. Attention to the speedometer and the asphalt rolling by underneath me at 35 mph.

A spill going 35 mph on asphalt while wearing jogging shorts, a T-shirt, and tennis shoes will be awfully painful.

This had me second guessing my desire to twist the throttle.

Not like this is new news but.., since reading this post I paid particular attention riding today. Attention to the speedometer and the asphalt rolling by underneath me at 35 mph.

A spill going 35 mph on asphalt while wearing jogging shorts, a T-shirt, and tennis shoes will be awfully painful.

This had me second guessing my desire to twist the throttle.
Always ride with gloves and a hard hat. I hate getting raw hands from crashing.

One reason why I barely push my bike to the limits of it's speed... When it's human on pavement speed makes a big difference... 50kmh (31mph) to 35/40 (23ish average) makes a big difference. I enjoy just cruising and enjoying the experience and could get scrapes and bruises as opposed to broken bones, I had enough of those as a kid / teen I'm good on that. Also why I'll never own a motorcycle. This MB is as close as I will ever get, by choice.
A motorcycle is safer than a motorized bike (at the same speed) for three reasons: motorcycle riders are legally require to have training, safety gear and the vehicle itself has to be able to safely stop very quickly to even be allowed on the road. Not to mention ABS as an option and insurance for when the worst happens.(Things happen, its not if, its when.)

Another thing, these are motorcycles, lightweight and low powered but still motorcycles all the same.

Back