...left a scratch

That is about the worst helmet scrape I have ever seen.
I rather think I qualify for that one...lol...in the very early 90s, I was hit from behind by a gold Monte Carlo while riding my motorcycle through Providence, RI...I was propelled off the bike and hit a big stone wall in front of Johnson and Wales University head and right arm hitting first...I had amnesia for a couple of hours and my right arm was just hanging down, (I shattered the elbow radius bone which they had to piece back together).
The helmut was not only scraped from hitting the wall head first, but also broke into two distinct halves...The paramedics placed what was left of the helmut on top of my chest to alert the shock trauma unit at RI hospital that this was a motorcycle accident with head injury...Needless to say I had a major concussion with massive headache to go along with it...Demerol was my friend for a while...lol.

I rather think I qualify for that one...lol...in the very early 90s, I was hit from behind by a gold Monte Carlo while riding my motorcycle through Providence, RI...I was propelled off the bike and hit a big stone wall in front of Johnson and Wales University head and right arm hitting first...I had amnesia for a couple of hours and my right arm was just hanging down, (I shattered the elbow radius bone which they had to piece back together).
The helmut was not only scraped from hitting the wall head first, but also broke into two distinct halves...The paramedics placed what was left of the helmut on top of my chest to alert the shock trauma unit at RI hospital that this was a motorcycle accident with head injury...Needless to say I had a major concussion with massive headache to go along with it...Demerol was my friend for a while...lol.
WOW, now we know what the issue is. It's going to be okay D, just take a deep breath and take it easy. This too shall pass!

That's why I wear real riding gear on my motorcycle too. All you need to see is one person's arm or leg scraped off to the bone to convince you of it.
I did a helmet front similar to that helmet above. Wore the skin off to the bones on arms and legs.

I was 13 when it happened. Mini bike..5 hp Briggs. I was steering with 1 hand and defeating the governor with the other. Doing this all week prior.
The air filter vibrated off and fell between the engine mount plate and back tire. It kicked the tire up as it ran over the metal filter cage. The handle bars turned about 75 degrees hard and I launched over the bars. Did a face first skid to a stop in the middle of the street. True story… wore the front off a full faced helmet.
You’d think this would deter me from going fast on the mini bike. I left the filter off and put a string on the governor so I could drive with 2 hands a couple days after the spill.

I did a helmet front similar to that helmet above. Wore the skin off to the bones on arms and legs.

I was 13 when it happened. Mini bike..5 hp Briggs. I was steering with 1 hand and defeating the governor with the other. Doing this all week prior.
The air filter vibrated off and fell between the engine mount plate and back tire. It kicked the tire up as it ran over the metal filter cage. The handle bars turned about 75 degrees hard and I launched over the bars. Did a face first skid to a stop in the middle of the street. True story… wore the front off a full faced helmet.
You’d think this would deter me from going fast on the mini bike. I left the filter off and put a string on the governor so I could drive with 2 hands a couple days after the spill.
With my mini bike I used some old welding wire to bypass the governor. I wrecked it the first hard run and tore a deep gash in my elbow, down to the bone. I super glued it together, slapped a bandaid on it, and went out and fixed the bike.

Fun times...

One reason why I barely push my bike to the limits of it's speed... When it's human on pavement speed makes a big difference... 50kmh (31mph) to 35/40 (23ish average) makes a big difference. I enjoy just cruising and enjoying the experience and could get scrapes and bruises as opposed to broken bones, I had enough of those as a kid / teen I'm good on that. Also why I'll never own a motorcycle. This MB is as close as I will ever get, by choice.

One reason why I barely push my bike to the limits of it's speed... When it's human on pavement speed makes a big difference... 50kmh (31mph) to 35/40 (23ish average) makes a big difference. I enjoy just cruising and enjoying the experience and could get scrapes and bruises as opposed to broken bones, I had enough of those as a kid / teen I'm good on that. Also why I'll never own a motorcycle. This MB is as close as I will ever get, by choice.
I've surprisingly never broken a bone. I only want to do performance mods to get an impressive top speed, better fuel economy, and the fun of building it myself

I've surprisingly never broken a bone. I only want to do performance mods to get an impressive top speed, better fuel economy, and the fun of building it myself
You didn't have a very fun child hood then apparently. If you get a good top speed you may find yourself with some broken bones though. It's all a learning experience. Good luck to you sir. I'm all done with broken bones, been there done that, I'm good.

You didn't have a very fun child hood then apparently. If you get a good top speed you may find yourself with some broken bones though. It's all a learning experience. Good luck to you sir. I'm all done with broken bones, been there done that, I'm good.
You see it's not the bones I'm worried about, it's the paint

Yea, 20mph is moving. 30/35mph is going fast, zooooom!

Back