Sprockets left side freewheel? anyone know how to set that up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the motor the shop was going to get I can't believe you found one I've looked for that everywhere
I didn't find the engine, it found me, they solicited me to buy a kit and try it, they want me to buy a bunch.
We'll see about that next week when I have time to play with it ;-}

Same deal with the shop tdrmoto thay hit him up but I don't think he wants them or can be bothered trying. I just like to know if thay go good out the box then all the battery stuff is a bonus. Did you have eny idea to the price of the kit?

I am not allowed to talk price yet.
I am trying to decide what bike to put it on but I've highjacked this Left Side Freewheel topic enough.
The point was made.

I believe there is a free wheel in the BikeBerry 4-stroke transmission for tapered shafts for those folks with 4-strokes.

BGF on Ebay had some yrs ago.. not sure if he still does.
i got one. hub and freewheel.
i was thinking of doing the same thing... pull start, centrifugal clutch etc . just havnt gotten around to it yet.

Lynn@custommotoredbicycles.com, recently built a beautiful freewheel left side drive bike. It has a drum brake on a front telescopic fork and rim brake rear. I am going to go that way soon. I am so accustomed to kicking the crank around at a stop for best pedal position for restart. It takes a bit of forethought to achieve a effortless takeoff with coaster brakes.

although i do like my bike as it is, i think it would be interesting to open up a discussion on how one would add a freewheel to your bike on the left side, as well as the right. you would probably have much less resistance when pedaling. has anyone done it?

Staton, Inc sells hubs with left sided freewheels and sprockets.

Bicycle parts won't change but engine kits can

If you want to run a left side freewheel drive with a way to start it, this might be cool.

20160410144121_59174.jpg

It has an electric start as well as a pull start, and an oil bath centrifugal clutch.

They contacted me to buy a sample kit so what the heck, it already in the air Fed-Ex.
My point is, kits will adapt to bikes, bikes won't adapt to kits ;-}

hi
i cannot see the image about what you seem to have found, can you explain it , showit? maybe if you have a post thread on it link it ill chech it. i search for a cheap way to take resistance off when i want to use my legs and 21 speed without motor force.

hi
i cannot see the image about what you seem to have found, can you explain it , showit? maybe if you have a post thread on it link it ill chech it. i search for a cheap way to take resistance off when i want to use my legs and 21 speed without motor force.

It's a two year old thread, often times the image account, ( especially when Photobucket is involved..) has lapsed or been changed and there's no more hot linked image.

hi
This is really simple.
Find another way to start your bike besides bump-starting and you can change your rear sprocket to freewheel.

Skyhawk has this Easy Start engine.
https://www.grubee.net/collections/skyhawk-2-cycle-all/products/gt5a-es-2-stroke-engine-with-ocdt

eng_OCDT.png

You can start your engine with a drill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back