Left side freewheel

Wow Van, That looks like alot of work and fortune to make it through the whole operation with out messing up something. There has got to be a better way.
Doc

I bought a couple of those HD Hubs myself, I just thought someone might br interested in it.

I asked this question elsewhere, relating to building a linear-pedal bicycle. The discussion ran towards the Alenax Transbar bicycles, and the custom double-sided, double-drive rear hubs they used.

It was explained to me that the double-freewheel BMX hubs have the threads on the left side reversed--because the point of them is to allow mounting two different freewheels and use the wheel as a flip-flop. If you try to use the left-side of a double-side hub as a left-side drive, it'll come unscrewed. --Or rather,,,,, the left-hand side freewheel on a double-sided hub only works right when it's on the right-hand side. The left-hand side is not meant to be used as a left-hand side drive.

There are normal right-hand-only BMX hubs, and normal left-hand only hubs, and flip-flop hubs (that have right-hand freewheel threads on both sides) but nobody knew of any hubs that were both double-sided and opposite-threaded.
~

Thanks IRide for taking the time to look up the site. Is this site the cheapest you know of or the highest quality?
Hope your feeling better. Your body brace looks alot better than mine. I'm jealous! Not!
Will, this hub handle 3 HP ya think?
Doc

Back