Legal riding in CO

DanTheDIYGuy

Local time
9:42 AM
Hello,

I'm possibly moving to Colorado, I current live in Washington where the laws for riding are very relaxed.

I read that motorized bikes need to be registered with a VIN #. This is a problem for DIY bikes, correct?
I'm hoping for some clarification if anybody has dealt with this before. Thanks!

I live in Colorado and have no problems with anybody,side walks and all,just be considerate

Hello,

I'm possibly moving to Colorado, I current live in Washington where the laws for riding are very relaxed.

I read that motorized bikes need to be registered with a VIN #. This is a problem for DIY bikes, correct?
I'm hoping for some clarification if anybody has dealt with this before. Thanks!
Get pass it by just saying its 49cc work for me cops half to take out their law books and study them not a lot of copper gas kits flying around but I should mutter it because their cops on this forum who will snitch and inform how to bust a motor bike.
The law here states that a car must give you 3 feet of Clarence on the shoulder, at 65MPH it still makes me uneasy.

They made a new law last July for motorbike top speed is 40 MPH that's 10 MPH faster than California and most other states are 30 MPH.

The law is a catch 22 because to get on the hyway a cop tells me is 45 mph so your legal there but illegally 5 mph over the speed limit. But I explain to the cop it was legal on the highway your confused with interstate where a motorbike is not allowed, he had to call back to dispatch to rethink that. Hope see you in Colorado soon.

PS: Guest; is that you Shawn you got to get off those sidewalks it bugs the chit out of me, that's why they make so many hard right and left turns and other obstacles is to keep bikes off the sidewalk!

Last edited:
Back