LEHR 25cc propane kit

why use propane vs gas??
isnt propane more expensive than gas per KWH... Albeit its probably also less efficient....

1 gallon of gas 33kwh - 2 dollars to 3 dollars
1 gallon of propane - 27kwh - 2.87 dollars per gallon refill at Tractor Supplies Website
But But But..... a 20 gallon propane tank is not completely filled to 20 gallons due to some weird law i guess. So take off 10% of the 27kwh and now your done to 24kwh.....Gasoline way way is cheaper per energy unit and engines are optimized for gas...
im guessing this might be just a cool gimmic, ice augers are the same way.

only advantage i see is that you can store propane pretty much indefinitely, and it doesnt gum up carburetors if left for a long time.
as well as no fumes if stored inside.
you can refill your own tanks for a lot cheaper, ive done it plenty of times. i go to a local supplier (tractor supply is overpriced in my area)
and its about 1.00$ a gallon im 100% sure there just a employee using the bosses tank to get some $ but hey, its cheap for me!

How is he so sure I'm using propane......?

Yeah thats lucky for you bakaneo. Some how in NJ propane is more xpensive than gasoline.....

It would seem like they all should be around the same price, but with crude oil futures so low, currently 33 dollars per barrel, or 75 cents a gallon
they should make crude oil engines or sell fractional distillation kits....

The engine was given to me so I don't care what it runs on, I have done about 10 miles and am half way thru a 16oz bottle. Picture a trailer a 35# BBQ bottle of gas and a hose extention

The engine was given to me so I don't care what it runs on, I have done about 10 miles and am half way thru a 16oz bottle.

Do you have a gas gauge or do ya carry an extra propane bottle with ya. I know what it's like to BBQ with propane and run out of gas.
I always have an extra tank full. I wouldn't want to pedal 20 miles back home if I ran out of propane. I guess ya always could stop at any store and buy another bottle of propane if that happened. What's your solution? Or do you just go 10 miles out then back home?

im still breaking in the engine so around da hood u no, extra gas would be easy to carry

Back