Tires Less expensive Kevlar tires

Hate to say this but the cheapest Kelvar tires I seen are at Wally World like 14 bucks.

wow that's a great price do they hold up well?

Not sure, but I just got mine the other day, they seem like a decent enough tire. Gonna add the 5x thick slime tubes from walmart with them. the tubes are almost thick enough to be tires themselves. Let you know how it goes.

maybe it's just me but I go nuts when I see the tires inside a little tiny box at Walmart.
It just doesn't seem right and makes me feel that the tire should not be able to fit in that box. I know it may be all in my head but...
I need to buy the best tire I can for my new scrubber kit so Kelvar is the way to go?

Kevlar is for punture resistance. I know in my old motorcycle days slime was for tire balancing too. As soon as you got up over about 15 miles an hour it spread out inside the tire and did a good job of balancing the wheel.

I posted the Worksman link cause those tires are built for bikes rode on Industrial sites covered with every kinda tire killer you can think of. The armadillo tires from specalized look great too, but your pushing 50 bucks each there.

On sale 26" Bell, Kevlar at Fry's Foods (Kroger's) this week $11. Limited quantities, but tubes, tires, gloves, seat all were on sale.

The bell kevlar tires at walmart are a bit small. They list them as compatible with 1.75 or 1.95 or 2.125, in actuality the tire itself is only 1.75. Which is a shame, they seem to be a decent tire, just to narrow for my tastes.

Last edited:
I've been running the wallyworld kevlar tire on the front of my bike for several months now. Like shadeslay, I would prefer it if it were a quarter inch wider, but, it's been wearing well. No flats yet...

Back