Let’s talk crank balancing

experience trumps theory based opinions any day

Soon I'll have my balance calculator finished which will graph the vertical and horizontal vibrational forces throughout the whole range of 360 degrees of the crank.
Then you all will be able to see the pattern that both balanced and imbalanced engines make.

My two stroke Suzuki 100 is so balanced I barely feel any vibration at all at the hand grips. That is throughout the whole RPM range. Compare that to the KDX200 I used to have which vibrated so much I had to put lead shotgun pellets inside the handlebars to create more inertia against vibration there.

I do not have to prove anything, because it's been proven by the maths, and this subject has been rehashed many times.
I place my faith and confidence in the maths, and if Honda provides data, then there is no point trying to say otherwise.

You can have your opinion, but you are still wrong.

I do not have to prove anything, because it's been proven by the maths, and this subject has been rehashed many times.
I place my faith and confidence in the maths, and if Honda provides data, then there is no point trying to say otherwise.

You can have your opinion, but you are still wrong.

You are so full of it and do not have a clue and you are wrong!

experience trumps theory based opinions any day

Soon I'll have my balance calculator finished which will graph the vertical and horizontal vibrational forces throughout the whole range of 360 degrees of the crank.
Then you all will be able to see the pattern that both balanced and imbalanced engines make.

My two stroke Suzuki 100 is so balanced I barely feel any vibration at all at the hand grips. That is throughout the whole RPM range. Compare that to the KDX200 I used to have which vibrated so much I had to put lead shotgun pellets inside the handlebars to create more inertia against vibration there.

Believe me I keep a eye on your site. Jaguar I all way take great stock in what you say even if we do not always agree. Bigger engines are always pron to more vibration. I balance cranks that go in to 1500cc t0 1800cc with a crank with 1 crank pin and it is not dead right you will know it right away. Done hundreds of HD cranks and know the way I do them works as many motors I have built cost 5 to 10 grand and there is no room for mistakes.

You are so full of it and do not have a clue and you are wrong!

You are a fool. Sadly you have proven yourself to be a fool in a public forum, which is the worst kind of error you can make, which leaves you only one option to try and gain traction in the credibility stakes, and that's to engage in ad hominem dialogue, which is not going to achieve the desired result, because there is no proof of your stated position, associated with such action.

If those who still want to believe in single cylinder balancing fairy tales; after watching this video, you are nothing but a fool

HOW MANY CRANKS HAVE YOU BALANCED?????????????????? So far all you have proven is theory!!!!!!!!

You are a fool. Sadly you have proven yourself to be a fool in a public forum, which is the worst kind of error you can make, which leaves you only one option to try and gain traction in the credibility stakes, and that's to engage in ad hominem dialogue, which is not going to achieve the desired result, because there is no proof of your stated position, associated with such action.

You are the idiot as you have not prove a thing! I WILL ASK AGAIN HOW MANY CRANKS HAVE YOU BALANCED???????? l am waiting for your answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fabian of course a single cylinder 2 stroke can't be perfectly balanced but they can be balanced enough that the vibration is so small that it is hardly even noticeable.
My 48cc vibrated so much that I probably would of given up on it if I hadn't experimented with the crank to see if I could make it more balanced. The end result was that the vibration was mostly eliminated and my engine that went up to 9200RPM was a joy to ride. So I know a two stroke can be balanced, just not perfectly.

When balancing do you all check the true as this can add a lot of vibration if they are out of true.

Back