Let another one in the house

Pedalnwolf

Local time
8:50 AM
This ones a 1964 Sears Spaceliner with about the same year 2 stroke engine,I put a new nt carb and a ebay expansion exhaust on Her,new tires and tubes after truing wheels...done the bearings...lubed the cables and whew,Shes fast and smooth..:) i just wonder about Her,whoever built Her in the 60s new what they were doing...seems these engines have been around a while..this ones got a few miles! after cleaning the old gas tank,i used Lucas oil,as there was a tube of it in the little saddle bag, She seemed to be used to it. Now I just wonder...if loved and cared for,just how many miles can one git from these.

This ones a 1964 Sears Spaceliner with about the same year 2 stroke engine,I put a new nt carb and a ebay expansion exhaust on Her,new tires and tubes after truing wheels...done the bearings...lubed the cables and whew,Shes fast and smooth..:) i just wonder about Her,whoever built Her in the 60s new what they were doing...seems these engines have been around a while..this ones got a few miles!
There were no China girls in the USA in 1964.

Maybe 10 years ago. Where is your proof that you have a 1964 China girl? :)

I think the Russian D motors were first made in 1958 and I don't know when
the first Chinese motors were made.

Spaceliners are really nice bikes. Do you have pics?

Well, I don't think the op actually claimed that it was a china girl. Though he did mention some modern parts. But perhaps they can fit on some other engines.

I'm not familiar with the Sears Spaceliner. Though it certainly sounds like a model from the era.

I'd sure like to see some pics, too.

at that age, probably a cast iron cylinder. in other words, it will last forever with some care.

PICS!

it could be a russian engine, an italian engine, a japanese engine... a british engine, an american engine... even an australian engine :)

everyone has seemingly had a go at making engines on pushbikes at one point. its where suzuki started :) harley and indian... bsa... you name it, they probably did it :) they were really big around the 30's...

Back