let me know what you think and check my other video if you want, much appreciated

Let ya know what I think ?
In an attempt to solve a simple problem of a seat post height. You ruined it.
I think ya should of gotten a different seatpost instead of cutting the frame drilling a hole in it and making some kind of half ass way of clamping it. That Quick Release Bolt ain't gonna last long the seat is gonna wiggle and the strength of the quick release bolt is gonna break under the load from your body weight.
You cut the frame seatpost tube too short to put a seatpost clamp on it. So now your stuck with a bad design. If ya try and use a grade 8 usa or metric 10.9 bolt to keep the seat from wiggling all's your gonna do is crush the frame tube and seatpost .
Since ya ruined the frame ya might as well weld in the seatpost :LOL:

A welded seatpost would be way more sturdy than any other way of fastening it to the frame (in a way that its un-doable)

Here’s how I made mine

It's too late for @fredorph to do anything different.
Did ya watch his video?
I watched it right up to him cutting the seat tube. Like you said he'll have to weld this one, but he could still s**tcan the post he has now and make one way lower and less dorky looking (no offense fredorf JMO) . Sooner or later he will probably sell this bike, get one with a better braking set up, and change his MO for seat mods. He did say let me know what you think.

@fredorph I guess you thought you were being clever, but you ruined the frame.
You didn't have to cut off the top part of the frame seatpost tube and not be able to use a seatpost clamp.
All's ya had to do was make a slit in the frame seatpost tube wide enough and long enough for the seatpost brace to slide down into.
If ya did it that way, you still would be able to use a seatpost clamp

I'm not trying to be mean. Ya did ask what people thought Wish ya would of asked before ya cut the frame

All's that counts is that your happy with your modification, Have Fun

Last edited:
Back