Let's change the law on motorized bikes

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't have to prove it, he doesn't even have to say much, just say, "yes, I pulled him over on a bike with an engine installed in it."

Judge asks you how big the engine size is (you can lie and say 49 or tell the truth and say 66/70) and then judges that the bike qualifies for a moped based on those 2 items, or ups the fine by adjusting the violation.

Then you can speak all you'd like, but it's going to be very hard to convince a judge to stab an officer in the back in a courtroom unless the officer can be proven to be mistaken beyond reasonable doubt. I don't think you can get a jury, traffic offenses are usually written up and processed in a way that are far different than criminal cases. The difference is so stark that your criminal history and driving history are basically separate identities, they rarely will ever be affected by the same event. So much so that insurance companies couldn't care less about your criminal history, and non-driving jobs wouldn't care at all about your driving history.

I'm not saying you can't fight it successfully, but it is going to be difficult, you basically have to prove your innocence or prove that the officer can't prove he knew you were doing something wrong, like proving that he can't prove you were using the engine at the time.

It's not that difficult to understand, you need to find a place that the bike will fit into before anyone is willing to take it out of where somebody else said it should be. Anyway, I'm now done with this argument, you're hell bent on trying to shove any ticket you get up somebody else's ass, if you don't have the right elbow grease your going to have a hard time finding a willing as***le. Every dollar they can f*** you out of is another dollar for them and their cause. Even dead men clutch their wallet, have fun prying..
Hey that reminds me, I'll bet you know it; from factory the displacement was 69cc but I also have the 5cc Fred head on there. Does that change the 69cc up or down if at all? I guess I should know the right answer since it'll be why I get sent to the slammer.

Hey that reminds me, I'll bet you know it; from factory the displacement was 69cc but I also have the 5cc Fred head on there. Does that change the 69cc up or down if at all? I guess I should know the right answer since it'll be why I get sent to the slammer.
No.
displacement is based on bore diameter and stroke only.
Combustion chamber size adds nothing to displacement.

Just tell the police it's one of these:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just tell the police it's one of these:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think he's still going to want to give you a ticket, but maybe he'll skip you over if he owned one as a kid. Ask him if he has any spare batteries for his mag light because you don't think you'll make it home on what you got.

Ok makes cents I guess, but between you and I don't you think the "end-displacement" would be affected in different head-compression sizes?
No.
Engine displacement is the swept volume of all the pistonsinside the cylinders of a reciprocating engine in a single movement from top dead centre (TDC) to bottom dead centre(BDC). It is commonly specified in cubic centimetres (cc or cm3), litres (l), or cubic inches (CID). Engine displacement does not include the total volume of the combustion chamber.

No.
Engine displacement is the swept volume of all the pistonsinside the cylinders of a reciprocating engine in a single movement from top dead centre (TDC) to bottom dead centre(BDC). It is commonly specified in cubic centimetres (cc or cm3), litres (l), or cubic inches (CID). Engine displacement does not include the total volume of the combustion chamber.
The guy can't even understand basic engine ideas, and can't even spell the word sense right, but wants to try to interpret laws on motor vehicles for a device he's not even sure how to classify. Even inventing the newest term end-displacement, a new and completely useless measurement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back