Let's get the 4cycle engine kits!

HI,

Just curious....why should we be excited over the new 4 strokes?...I mean pound for pound don't 2 strokes rule in the performance realm?...also 2 strokes have fewer parts to go wrong and are seemingly cheaper to boot?

Thanks for any enlightenment ;-O

Andrew

I personally prefer a 4-stroke.
For the raw torque well above a 2-stroke.
For the longer service life.
For the sound, oh I love the 4-stroke sound.:p
For the wider useable power range.

2-strokes are lighter.
quicker revving.
simple to work on.

but also.
more prone to piston seizure.
Sound whiny.
oil/fuel mixture can be a bother, not mixing but storing and dealing with old fuel.
really need a tuned pipe.

:D But I'll run a 2-stroke rather than sit on the bench watching others ride by.

augidog,

can you school me or link me to the correct tweaks for my honda gxh50 4 stroke to make it ******e fire?

i don't own one, earth-mech', so i wouldn't be much help beyond basics...

besides, there are many folks on the board more-experienced than myself...hopefully someone will see your appeal and come up with something.

right now, you're one of our few 4-stroke motoredbike pioneers, it's us who are looking to you for info...if nothing pans out, i'll do my best to come up with something for you, but as i said, it would only be generic 4-stroke guidance.

The only one I could find is bicycleengines.com. Don't know anything about them except that their site and phone contact don't seem to be aware of a major problem with their kits as they say fits all bikes. They only offer conversion for American style single pedal shaft bikes, not European style with separate axle and pedal shafts. Don Grubee says there is a modified set of pedals for European style bikes but his US distributor has chosen to only bring in kits for American style.They are official Grubee dealer though.
Someone emailed me suggesting motorizesbicycles.net on ebay but this turns out to be Revolution cycles which has a bad reputation and the operator has been banned from this Forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back