Let's Ride !!!

Ahhhh...Another Warm and Toasty Canadian "Heat Wave"...lol...DAMIEN

Yes,,, We love it cold... With exceptions of a warm 2-stroke between our legs,,, it sounds like the 4-stroke dudes got us beat by 2 extras... Ha

Lucky guys/ gals...

From this
Screenshot_20210912-154511_Photos.jpg
To this
20211215_123618.jpg

Then end up on these
20211212_142947.jpg 20211124_182736.jpg

20210912_151634.jpg

What the £@!!

Pedal too Power too Pedals,,, that's not how it supposed to work girl's,,, that makes absolutely no sense at all... like Really,,, sure makes a person wonder why I bet...

I pretty much grew up on a bike as a farm kid in Central Alberta 1967 a hand me down bike with flat tires and rusty chain...
I fixed it up and rode that bad boy for 4 years..
I kinda remember the bike was bigger than me,,, it definitely seen the world before I took it over...

This is a copy photo of what it could of looked like in its youth
Screenshot_20211215-202018_Samsung Internet.jpg

My first real bike was 1972,,, similar again
Screenshot_20211215-202419_Samsung Internet.jpg A 10 speed race bike at 16
Screenshot_20211215-203226_Samsung Internet.jpg

The earlier bike posted was my first ridge mountain bike... road it for 2 years and parked it in barn for 20+ years.
Screenshot_20210912-154511_Photos.jpg,,, thats why it became a power bike in 2020 I think...

It was this Pedal Bike ride up a mountain that really sparked the engine thing

Screenshot_20210904-133706_Photos.jpg

That was 1 challenging bike ride going up,,, pretty much have too lay my £@!!'s on the line where its not too steep,,, yes...

There are 7 steep walking sections,,, but the low grade parts were still brutal...

More to follow later as I try too plot this ever changing transition between many varieties of bikes

Don't be fooled Nancy,,, The E-bike thing will come I'm sure,,, I'm feeling really lucky that I can still Pedal for now...

And what can I share about pedals,,, don't do power burst on hills when we're not young any more...

Lol

Not for me that is...

Nancy

-25 Celsius today in Central Alberta,,, some say Bombmee,,, some say nippy ,, I say cold ,,, kinda cold... hey ,,, its not -30 or 40,,, ha

Yuppers,,, I'll post some winter photos tomorrow.

This was a few days ago
20211208_114949.jpg

You won't recognize the place when I take the picture tomorrow...

Its now a parking lot of snow...

Yes,,, We are 4 hours North of Montana...
Big Sky Country
Screenshot_20211210-194104_Photos.jpg

And the above photo would look alot different than this in 4 too 8 feet of Snow...

Jt

I'll get some photos from the hill tops soon...
-32°C for the last few days, about -19c by afternoon...
Flat land shots
20211217_123002.jpg

This is part of the 4 Mile ridge I ride in the far distance...
20211217_142402.jpg

20211217_142434.jpg

And another blue sky day...

At least its not overly cold...

I'll take some rolly-hill photos this week before it melts off...

Cheers All

Ha, been under the bridge for alot of years since my igloo melted...
20211208_152330.jpg

Its a bombeee -30 today with a comfortable 20 mile breeze, dry humidity you now. We have blue skies and static electricity'eeee...
20211217_141449.jpg

Church Hill off in the distance, ruffly 5 mile looking East from town. There are lots of hidden draws, old fence lines,,, adjoining creeks,,, swamps and Muskeg pocket There yander all...
20211219_112206.jpg

Might be snow on top and cold as begisses yet its mush down bellow,,, never freezes because they are classed as hot ponds,,, bacteria brown water ponds...

Less that,,, there are lots of old abandoned trails along the Church Hill Ridge Line,,, its ruffly 50 + miles 😀 long and joins into more ridges North And South... farm land, pastures,,, train tracks,,,, oil sites,,, mostly good common farm folks...

Down too earth meat and potato type... Ha

As mentioned before,,, the Eastern Slopes of the Rocky Mountain Range is due West of the photo...

1 1/2 hour drive puts us at the base Mountain's,,, a bit of a drive but well worth it because of the views from the tops of the mountains...

Sit up top tucked away in the rocks with a hot cup of coffee is the best...
20210724_141608.jpg

Nancy Pants

Ha, been under the bridge for alot of years since my igloo melted...
View attachment 162991

Its a bombeee -30 today with a comfortable 20 mile breeze, dry humidity you now. We have blue skies and static electricity'eeee...
View attachment 162993

Church Hill off in the distance, ruffly 5 mile looking East from town. There are lots of hidden draws, old fence lines,,, adjoining creeks,,, swamps and Muskeg pocket There yander all...
View attachment 162999

Might be snow on top and cold as begisses yet its mush down bellow,,, never freezes because they are classed as hot ponds,,, bacteria brown water ponds...

Less that,,, there are lots of old abandoned trails along the Church Hill Ridge Line,,, its ruffly 50 + miles 😀 long and joins into more ridges North And South... farm land, pastures,,, train tracks,,,, oil sites,,, mostly good common farm folks...

Down too earth meat any potatoes type... Ha

As mentioned before,,, the Eastern Slopes of the Rocky Mountain Range is due West of the photo...

1 1/2 hour drive puts us at the base Mountain's,,, a bit of a drive but well worth it because of the views from the tops of the mountains...

Sit up top tucked away in the rocks with a hot cup of coffee is the best...
View attachment 162995

Nancy Pants
I'll still take my balmy 29 over -30. lol. It's truly God's country out there, just beautiful.

Yes,,, they say us humans are alot like Mules...

Something too do with a vantage point and be able too scout out the valley (s) below...

That and the thin air prevents us from over thinking... Lol

Yes,,, its so peaceful up top,,, nill for humans,,, spectacular views,,, crazy weather conditions too be expected... and... a great way too find lost...

Lost is a good thing...

Nothing like biking or walking 400 miles and never find a road,,, We have areas North of us that are like that...

I'll get more photos when I head into the foot-hills,,, hopefully there's not a lot of snow pack out there ,,, i bet 10 too 1 that the valley floor in alot of mountain ranges are pretty deep in snow...

This was in August

20210516_153431.jpg

The Moose are on the move,,, they like hanging out at the smaller frozen lakes close too farm lands,,, they deffinatly like the willow pockets since its part of their winter diet program...
20211220_153527.jpg

There are 5 pairs and 2 bulls runing with in the 10 mile circle this winter which is good too see...

Between White tails, Mule Deer, Moose, Elk, Cougars and Coyotes, red and gray fox with small signs of Wolves on the Western side of the block,,, and Badgers... we have a fairly active game corridor...

We are on a Northern flight path of Gease and Ducks when they return this Spring...

Nancy loves Moose

Back