Carby Level carb question

Or go with 2 of these and paint black and get it perfect????
Thoughts
Thanks

Mike
image.jpg

Kc,
This what I was thinking as well. Any suggestions on where to get a different intake for this angle? It would have to attach to the reed valve and then the carb! Correct?

Mike
An intake reed valve is designed to block back pressure through the carb, darn handy when using an expansion chamber exhaust as it is pushing fuel back in to the combustion chamber from the exhaust side, otherwise I find them about as useful as a boost bottle, meaning useless.

Gasbike has few different intakes here.
http://www.gasbike.net/scart/public...ke&x=0&y=0&scart_referrer=http://gasbike.net/

Are you running an expansion chamber exhaust?

Yes. I already bought the long expansion chamber pipe but not real fond of the look and how it sits on bike. I found another that I asked about on another thread. If equal in performance then I might just buy this and sell or use the other on my next build. That's if I ever Finnish this one. Lol it just looks better and matches my color scheme. Trying to go to looks as well as performance. The prob now is with the reed valve, I don't have space for one of those stepped intakes which I have. Plus with reed valve on, you can't use that. It's either or or am I missing/not doing this right? Seems like I would need a small steppeed/angled piece to mount to reed valve (like the carb does) and then mount carb to it. It's a tight fit if I use the pedestal mount. I can't be the only one with this issue! Would 2 of those universal mounts work. 1 on front and 1on back. Then I could level perfect. Could paint or anodize black to retain a nice clean look. Theirs a local pipe/plumbing warehouse that I just noticed today driving nod might figure out the exact angle and size for both ends and see if they can make me a piece. You would be surprised at how some places love making weird pieces for cool stuff. I once brought a half scale steel T-rex skeleton to my motorcycle shop to weld a broken piece. They freaked and thought it was the coolest thing they ever worked on. Practically fighting over who would do the welding. And free. "How often do ya get to fix a dinosaur" they said. Now this isn't a Dinosuar but people really think it's prett cool, and no ones seen it with an engine on it yet. Hoping my top hat is in tomorrow. That should motivate me to get this thing going finally.
Thanks
Mike

An intake reed valve is designed to block back pressure through the carb, darn handy when using an expansion chamber exhaust as it is pushing fuel back in to the combustion chamber from the exhaust side, otherwise I find them about as useful as a boost bottle, meaning useless.

Gasbike has few different intakes here.
http://www.gasbike.net/scart/public/scart/dynamic.php?uid=3&action=search&searchby1=keywords&searchby_keywords_type=all&searchby_keywords=intake&x=0&y=0&scart_referrer=http://gasbike.net/

Are you running an expansion chamber exhaust?

I have the stepped air intake gt5, and this is the correct angle but won't fit. Does the offset only move off to side or correct angle/level as well? Looks like it might have small angle change. Does it off set enough to clear seat post?
Thanks all!
Mike

I finally got her level. Not crazy about how high the motor sits. Gonna mess around some more and see if I can get lower. This is with both universal mounts and the rear mount that comes with engine as a spacer. Maybe get a smaller spacer or (cut down) and possibly readjust to lower a bit more.

image.jpg

almost afraid to ask why the mounts built into the frame weren't used

almost afraid to ask why the mounts built into the frame weren't used

Read 1st post. I'm not doing this to just do it. I bought the frame specifically for the tank in frame and clean motor mount. With the RSE reed valve, the carb will not sit level and with the stepped intake, it then does not fit.

because they're junk that'll crack in either your first 500 miles or first crash, whichever comes first.

Well then, that makes it an easier decision!
Everything happens for a reason!
Thanks Butre. Now I'll see if I an at least reposition/modify to lower engine a bit.

Mike

Back