Leveling Up

Wear a helmet, jeans, ankle covering boots/shoes, gloves and a jacket w/elbow guards and is rash resistant. That's the minimum in my book, stay safe. What size Yamaha is that? Nice looking bike, it looks fast. Remember the speed limit is fast enough.
I tell anyone I know with an itch to speed, that it's safer and legal to just take it to the track on the weekends.
To tim: take it to the track to get rid of those chicken strips :p.

The portions of your tires that you are afraid to use on a lean: https://www.quora.com/What-are-chicken-strips-on-motorcycle-tires .

What are chicken strips on motorcycle tires?

It’s a term for the unused outer portions of the tire. They are called chicken strips because the rider is too “chicken” to lean the bike over very far.

On this tire you can see that the center portion of the tire is well used - this is the portion that is on the road when the bike it upright. You can also see that the outer portion of the tire is mostly unused. This is the chicken strip part of the tire. The person who used this tire spent most of his time in an upright position and didn’t lean sharply.

Steve Johnson, Owner/Lead Developer (1999-present)
So-called chicken strips are the outside edges of motorcycle tires that are worn less than the center strip, if at all.
The implication is that the rider isn’t riding hard enough to wear the outside edges of the tires down by pushing his/her bike to its cornering limits.
If you were to look at the tires of a road-racing motorcycle at the end of a race, you would see that the tires are worn somewhat uniformly, because the racers spend much of their time on the track going around corners.

Edit: simple google searches.

Back