Lifan 1.5 hp 35 cc engine

T_McD

Local time
6:11 PM
Are these Honda GX35 clones? I have searched this forum and google and haven't found anything definitive. I am planning on using a Staton kit to make a friction drive and would like to avoid Honda prices. Was hoping this was a clone of the Honda so i knew what Staton kit to order.

Anybody got experience with this lifan 35cc engine?

Have no doubt that's a quality motor but I think you'll be disappointed in the hp. For a few bucks more you can get the honda gx50 clone that puts out 2hp, HS 144f puts out 2.5hp, HS 142f puts out 2.1 hp. As small as these motors are that xtra .5 hp means a lot. Good luck! Those motors are plug n play w/a Staton kit. To me the 35cc motors are good for flats and cruising but any hills you'll wish you had the extra ponies, that's from experience w/the honda 35 and subaru 35cc. Also the 35cc motors are closer to 1.2/1.3hp than the stated 1.5hp.

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I liked my subaru it was reliable except the belt kept breaking. Like he said you have to pedal off the line on a 35cc the 49cc will accelerate faster.

Are these Honda GX35 clones? I have searched this forum and google and haven't found anything definitive. I am planning on using a Staton kit to make a friction drive and would like to avoid Honda prices. Was hoping this was a clone of the Honda so i knew what Staton kit to order.

Anybody got experience with this lifan 35cc engine?

That will bolt up to a Staton friction drive that utilizes the 76mm drum(AKA Honda GX35 or GX50). The only problem is, when you order it, Staton is probably going to want to know what engine your putting on his friction drive so he can make sure you have the right throttle linkage. I'm not sure if he has trottle linkages made for a lifan. So you might have to just get the one that fits a Honda GX35 and modify it if it doesn't work. We can help you with it either way.

I would start with a 20" bike and rebuild the frame to a clown style, by raising the and the handlebars. Add a mini sidecar for my dog. Chain drive it like using a china girl.

Back