LIFAN 100cc 2 stroke on the way. Fred (CR machine)pk 80 race engine for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
80% of motorcycle accidents in MN are under 30 and mostly at intersections according to the MN DMV. Can't wait to see this thing RIP! Should eat 212s for breakfast all day! Thread is very suspenseful, entertaining, informative, and interactive. Better than tv.

Good luck with the build. Lot of stupid comments from peple.
Love when people who have engines on bikes say an engine on a bike is a bad idea lol. Plenty of bikes doing 60+ with the cg engines so wtf is wrong with doing it with an engine that should be more reliable.

Bikes are only made for 10mph lol, wtf. Pass me whatever you are smoking.

80% of motorcycle accidents in MN are under 30 and mostly at intersections according to the MN DMV. Can't wait to see this thing RIP! Should eat 212s for breakfast all day! Thread is very suspenseful, entertaining, informative, and interactive. Better than tv.
Stock ones yes, but the mod potential on the 212 is unparalleled by anything else to throw on a bike.

They go from 6.5hp to 10+ rreeeaallll fast. A stout build is around 15hp and the heavily modded ones are north of 20hp, which is insane.

Stock ones yes, but the mod potential on the 212 is unparalleled by anything else to throw on a bike.

They go from 6.5hp to 10+ rreeeaallll fast. A stout build is around 15hp and the heavily modded ones are north of 20hp, which is insane.
Have to move around those fat kids in their go karts somehow lol.

This lifan build will book with the right gearing. With an 80% drive efficiency (not that great) if you jackshaft, you will have 6.8 hp available at the wheel. Lets say you weigh 200 lbs and the bike weighs 130 lbs, you should go about 61.5 mph with proper gearing and sitting upright. If leaned in, 69 mph is possible with the right gearing. You'll probably have closer to at least a 90% drive efficiency with it running on the left side with proper alignment, so more around 7.65 hp to the rear wheel. Lets look at the same 200 lb rider and 130 lb bike. You can now go 64 mph upright and almost 72 mph leaned in, once more, with proper gearing. So this engine can move a decently heavy person and bike to 70 mph. Not sure why folks assume 50 mph to be the max speed of an 8.5 hp 4 speed...

I've had a couple of 150cc scooters, not junk. You had to be lucky to get them to top out at 60mph on a flat w/the wind at your back. 1 was 10.5hp the other was 13.5hp with a 4 valve head.

Its all about power to the ground (efficiency) and gear ratios. Something is seriously wrong if you can't tuck hard and not get 70 mph out of 10.5, let alone 13.5 hp.

Both had CVT trannies.
Those have the worst efficiency for powertrains. But even with that, I bet they weren't geared the best, If you had tornado winds bowing you faster your engine would have probably spooled faster. Bad gearing can kill speed.
Edit: I just can't see you going slower with 13.5 hp vs an original bug weighing around 1800 lbs with 25 hp doing over 60 mph...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back