Lifan 125cc mounting bolt pattern?

butterbean

Local time
7:36 AM
Does anyone know the bolt pattern on these engines? And length from cylinder head to bottom?

cant say what it is exactly, but theres four threaded holes underneath, about 5"x 3" or so square pattern at M8... for the footpegs but works to hold em down just as well.

and the two "standard" mounts, one at rear, one on top of case. just need some plates cut and drilled to suit then welded to something.. quite simple.

1p52...actually a 120cc... about 420mm tip to tail. 50,70,90 etc about the same.
1p54... genuine 125cc, big valve head... about 450.
1p55, the 140... about 480mm.

140 have far superior clutches :) start in gear etc...

some have an electric starter on top. some stick it below. some forget about the thing altogether... it gets in the way.

i had one that forgot about the kick starter and the gear shift besides. and one with reverse...good for a trike...

I'm not sure if one will fit in my frame or not. It's a cruiser frame with dual top bars (could fit an in-frame tank if so desired) and the 79cc predator mounted vertically fits with maybe a cm to spare between the head and the lower top bar. I'm just thinking a 4 speed would be really nice without a need for a shift kit or all that jazz. If I can't mount the engine vertically, I don't want it.

oil pump pickup demands they be mounted flat... maybe possible to modify that bit but iunno...

lets say no ?

besides...they also weigh a fair bit. a lot more than is desirable...

Yeah, I heard around 100 lbs. Maybe I don't want it after all. I have seen it mounted at different angles though, so the oil pump will work even if its not horizontal.

Back