Lifan on Rear Rack (new rack-no weld)

shiloh0,
Thanks for the kudos.
That bike went thru a few more evolutionary changes & now no longer exists.
I since took that engine & moved it to the front of my DH MTB & then put a BMP kit w/Robin EH035 on the rear of this bike.
Then I bought a different new frame (heavy duty cromoly steel dirt jumping frame) & just replaced that Rocky mountain frame in those pics with the new frame.
It was a fun project, but was way too much motor for a rear rack.
-Alex-

Yeah its just a regular stem and a cut down piece of old handlebar that a 3/8" rod goes thru & nylock bolts on both sides. I used a shim to allow the 1-1/8" stem (28.6) to fit the 27.2 seatpost. It holds the front end of the rack nicely & is removeable in a jiffy.
-lowracer-

Yeah its just a regular stem and a cut down piece of old handlebar that a 3/8" rod goes thru & nylock bolts on both sides. I used a shim to allow the 1-1/8" stem (28.6) to fit the 27.2 seatpost. It holds the front end of the rack nicely & is removeable in a jiffy.
-lowracer-

I think it's a very clean and clever way to mount it and I'm surprised more people don't do it that way.

Aside from the faults, which you have mentioned, you have done a great job producing a low buck no-weld transportation option.
Thanks!
rc

Bigkahuna,
If you liked that seatpost/stem mount, check out what I just uploaded under the old picture gallery named: Frame Swap (Aluminum to CroMoly).
Its got 2 seatpost stems & one of them serves as both a seat mount & engine mount.
-Lowracer-

Hey Alex, I see your out up to your old motorbike building. Good to know your still in the MB game. I am thinking of puting DOT approved moped 17s on my rear rack build. BTW, picked up the last two 79cc slant Greyhounds that they (Harbor Freight) are going to sell. They discontinued them in favor of the 98cc Prediter ( I think the same slant block ? ) But now instead of Royal Blue they are Black.

Back