Life Expectancy of a 4 Stroke Engine

2 strokes will have a long life if you use Ethanol free fuel. Even with E10 that is in most fuel pumps goes bad very quickly, as soon as 1 month. If you have a poor running engine first thing to do is put fresh fuel in. Problem you run into with ethanol is that is alcohol can seperate out of the fuel while in the station tanks and the concentration of ethanol vaaries greatly. Most good quality JASO 5 oil will handle 10 percent ethanol but not much higher. The ethanol washes the oil lubricant of the cyliner walls and parts that cause a premature death of a 2 cycle engine. There are thousand of articles online to support this fact. So for good 2 cyc life I use VP racing fuels SEF (small engine fuel). Since changing to that fuel which is a 94 octane pure gasoline with no additives you will have quick starts lower running temps and increased performance. I have changes all my lawn crews to it and the maitenance cost for my small equipment has just about vanished.

Hi,

Normally I dislike Chinese products, however the HS 142 4-stroke motor is an exception. I have well over 4500 miles on mine and I know of one with over 7000 miles. It seems the biggest issue is finding the correct drive ratios and converting to American made drive systems.

Have fun,
Hi yeah I for a Chinese lexmoto aspire 125cc 4 stroke and I’ve done 25.000 miles on it and I’ve had not a single problem with it they are getting better now for once aha

Back