Lifter Replacement In Pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Go-rebels Again:

I pulled my old lifters tonight and will install the Mushrooms tomorrow.
(It was a piece of pie!)

Here's a shot of both pairs on Quenton's Invoice! One of the old ones looks like it was really slapped around by the cam lobe! After only 113 miles, yet!

Now If I could only borrow another 10mm open-end wrench!

HAL

Attachments

• IMG_1197.JPG
    IMG_1197.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 839
Hal
I bet you the trashed lifter is the exhaust lifter. That's the one that goes first.
Jim

I Won't Take That Bet, Jim...

...because I don't know enough about the subject!

HAL

Hey Shade-Tree (and Professional) Mechanics:

Got my Mushrooms installed!

(It would have gone easier if my hands & fingers were smaller!)

There's some pretty tight quarters to work in to get the bolts threaded into the Lifters! My 10mm, 8mm, and a small crescent wrench did just fine for the adjusting.

I adjusted the Exhaust so an .008" feeler will slip in, but an .009" will not! I then adjusted the Intake so an .006" feeler will slip in, but an .007" will not!

Hey...I'm really impressed with that simple Mechanical Engineering solution to blocking open the Exhaust valve...a simple washer with a catch underneath for holding up the Lifter!

I'm getting to know those Whizzer innards now!

HAL

Last edited:
Your not the only one who suffers from sausage fingers. I have them too. So how does it run now?

Jim

Haven't Tried It Yet...maybe Tomorrow

It was getting late and chilly when I finished up...still have my cold...wife said come inside.

I just have to bolt on the Carb and I'm ready! Hoping for a warm day tomorrow.

HAL

One more thing....

I know that some of you are going to call me a "tree hugger", etc., but please edit the instructions from putting the oil in a baggie and discarding it, to put in in a suitable container and take it to a place that recycles used engine oil. Be responsible. It's the right thing to do. :D

I know that some of you are going to call me a "tree hugger", etc., but please edit the instructions from putting the oil in a baggie and discarding it, to put in in a suitable container and take it to a place that recycles used engine oil. Be responsible. It's the right thing to do. :D

Done! :cool:

"Discarding it" is meant to mean "recycle it". I drained my baggie into my OLD OIL plastic recycle jugs that I take to my county every summer.

Sorry for the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back