Light system.

Light was a little smaller than I was expecting.
How is the brightness?
Mounting hardware?
Is it plug and play?

Not such a bad buy for the price, I use a brake lever with the built in switch so that's not such a bad deal.
Bummer there isn't front signal lights.

Update on the light kit I ordered from Amazon.

It has turn signals, head/tail light, horn and is capable of brake lights but not going to use them.

It works pretty well I have 8 rechargeable AA batteries powering it.
This is the type of LIPO battery I have been using on my home built lighting system that includes a very bright high and low beam headlight, turn signals, tail and brake light and license plate light. and horn. I get over 3 hours of continuous use out of this very light battery.

charger

I use a $25 LiPo / SLA combo regulated charger with matching connector I have wired to Battery is in a box with a switch mounted on it along with my custom sheathed wiring harness that allows all components to be disconnected for service or replacement using waterproof connectors.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220222-082021.png
    Screenshot_20220222-082021.png
    299.4 KB · Views: 145
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I'm going to try the USB ones... Mabe look for a c type plug... I want to be recognized as a bicycle not a motorcycle going down the road...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220222-081722.png
    Screenshot_20220222-081722.png
    290.7 KB · Views: 147
Light was a little smaller than I was expecting.
How is the brightness?
Mounting hardware?
Is it plug and play?

Not such a bad buy for the price, I use a brake lever with the built in switch so that's not such a bad deal.
Bummer there isn't front signal lights.
The brightness seems pretty good. It’s winter here so I haven’t road my bike in a while.

Mounting is pretty simple. Headlight no lted to front of my springer fork. Tailight/turn signals I need a little bracket to mount to my seat.

Pretty much plug and play. I did have to splice the power cable to connect to battery.

I built a home version light kit, front and rear turn signals, rear brake light, running lights and 3 front lights, 1 for up close ground vision and two for long vision.
I'm going to try the USB ones... Mabe look for a c type plug... I want to be recognized as a bicycle not a motorcycle going down the road...

I choose for the "motorcycle " look and function simply for safety. Travelling 30 on a bike is fast, seems like turn signals would be a good heads up for other drivers. Active Brake lights could save your life in traffic.

I use 3 lights for night time cause I cant stand being blinded by othe cars. Lol.

I do a lot of night riding and it's worth it for all this, my lead acid battery weighs like 6 pounds too. (I like that lipo linked above)

Not dissing the light weight set ups, the rechargeable lights are great on my road bike which I may hit 20mph on, but I really peddle at 12mph, no need for super big and heavy set ups.

I really suggest the brightest and most functional light systems for MB just for safety. Cheaper to have expensive lights than a hospital bill and a bike that you cant ride.

I built a home version light kit, front and rear turn signals, rear brake light, running lights and 3 front lights, 1 for up close ground vision and two for long vision.

I choose for the "motorcycle " look and function simply for safety. Travelling 30 on a bike is fast, seems like turn signals would be a good heads up for other drivers. Active Brake lights could save your life in traffic.

I use 3 lights for night time cause I cant stand being blinded by othe cars. Lol.

I do a lot of night riding and it's worth it for all this, my lead acid battery weighs like 6 pounds too. (I like that lipo linked above)

Not dissing the light weight set ups, the rechargeable lights are great on my road bike which I may hit 20mph on, but I really peddle at 12mph, no need for super big and heavy set ups.

I really suggest the brightest and most functional light systems for MB just for safety. Cheaper to have expensive lights than a hospital bill and a bike that you cant ride.
Here are some pics of my set up.

Attachments

• IMG_2023 (1).JPG
    IMG_2023 (1).JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_2021 (2).JPG
    IMG_2021 (2).JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_2019 (2).JPG
    IMG_2019 (2).JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 130
I thought about the multiple and odd voltages on my e-bikes for a long time before I figured out that on Amazon you can get a voltage converter fairly cheap. It'll take your higher voltages and convert it to 12 volts to run lights, stereos, etc. Then it doesn't matter if you have 24, 36, 48 or even higher voltages. I used my 48 to 12 volt converter (still using it) with a 52 volt battery. Really opens up the lighting possibilities, and it draws power from the main battery. Compared to the bike, lights don't use much power. Stereos on the other hand, when cranked, can draw almost as much power as running. Just make sure to stick to LED lighting only; incandescent lamps are much too power hungry.

Back