Light weight automotive spec trailers

where are the hispeed hiway rated tires and hubs ?
Why cant the hitch allow the scooter to lean in turns?
where are the trailer lights?

THIS trailer is auto spec

tag-behind-motorcycle-cargo-trailer-21556028.jpg

Is that scooter boot even legal? It looks ok for what it's designed for, but like posted above, seems to have no markers or lights, and uses lawnmower tires. For $450, it sure looks disappointing. It's a good idea, though (a lightweight trailer made for scooters and mopeds that can't steer with or pull a lot of weight).

That thing costs more than most of the builds I do, and I'm not sure most bikes could even pull it. A smaller version of this would be great though. And hooking up a swivel hitch wouldn't be a big deal.
fatdaddy.

fruit pickup bike 1b.jpgYou ought to make one, for less than $100. Look on Instructables.com if you need help. That site says the $450 one weighs 35 lb unloaded. Seems reasonable for a scooter or moped, especially one with 2 speeds.

When I had a happytime bike, it would pull a 25lb kid-carriage and about 20lb of stuff with no problem, and struggled against a load of groceries (100lb) but with the stock 44t it would pull it.

The 33cc Dax bike is unreliable for the grocery haul with a 1.25 roller, but will sing merrily and haul it with the 1". I guess it's about the power band.

I put this one together for pretty much free. A kiddie trailer that the canvas was mostly rotted off, and some scrap plywood I had laying around. It's been working great for over 3 years now.
Big Red.

Attachments

• trailer004.jpg
    trailer004.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 644
Back