Link To Your Chain

Freddy Snottgrass

Local time
12:46 PM
Are you happy with the chain you are using? Pros/Cons? Link to it and let us know!

Motive: I need to buy a few chains as I am installing my last replacement on hand. I don't recall where it came from or how well it will work. It might be from a kit for all I know. Please don't link to a chain you don't have experience with.

Are you happy with the chain you are using? Pros/Cons? Link to it and let us know!

Motive: I need to buy a few chains as I am installing my last replacement on hand. I don't recall where it came from or how well it will work. It might be from a kit for all I know. Please don't link to a chain you don't have experience with.
I would be interested in this as well...I have not used anything except the stock 415s that come with the kits and have never replaced one yet on my bikes...Come to think of it, I had motorcycles for most of my life and chains were the one thing I never had to replace, always wondered why people seem to eat chains...lol.

I would be interested in this as well...I have not used anything except the stock 415s that come with the kits and have never replaced one yet on my bikes...Come to think of it, I had motorcycles for most of my life and chains were the one thing I never had to replace, always wondered why people seem to eat chains...lol.
My chain was fine until I greased it with sticky grease (red and tacky - bad decision in hindsight). I theorize that it just acted as an attractant and catalyst for sand to get into my hinges. Almost immediately after I did that I had to start tightening my chain. Even moved my tensioner back. Today I installed that spark plug (runs great around the block) and on my test drive I let go of the throttle and SNAP! (chain slacked up and locked in the housing)

I installed my NGK-BR8HS the other day myself and it is perfect for the high heat you and I experience here in the high desert...I will be switching out every year now as my B6HS runs great for what you native desert rats call cold weather...lol.

yeah my chain caught up in the drive housing (again I start having issues I read about others having) and snapped. I was going a good 25, lol.
And people wonder why I went to the bother of matching both my chains to size so I could get rid of the tensioner all together...lol.

yeah my chain caught up in the drive housing (again I start having issues I read about others having) and snapped. I was going a good 25, lol.
they sell a "space filler " to full the gap in the housing. I bought two of them but have not installed them yet. I got my latest build to tension both chains well without a tensioner this time.

Yeah I got one of those. It isn't a recurring issue. My chain just wore out. Hopefully people see the original post and share their favorite / least favorite chains.

Dayton 41 has never snapped on me.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back