Lock up

Wilbe76

Local time
7:12 PM
My back tire is locking up when i release the clutch. Any ideas? I checked the piston and it moves just fine.

No its not. Only when the clutch is in
Right so you can peddal until you let the clutch out to start it,So that means it could be hydro locking from exsess fuel in the case or the spark plug may be to deep and preventing rotation or the head its self,take the spark plug out and release the clutch and see it if rotates through a full 360 degrees.

I checked all that when it first happened and its all working fine from what i can tell. But i did see the clutch cable is starting to brake could the clutch be causing the problem?

I checked all that when it first happened and its all working fine from what i can tell. But i did see the clutch cable is starting to brake could the clutch be causing the problem?
Not really if the cable is breaking or fraying you will want to adress that but that wont stop the engine from turing over.If you pull the plug and release the clutch and peddal it around for a few min it will blow any accumulated fuel from the crank case out and reduce the pressure needed to turn it over providing their are no physical obstructions.

Yeah the clutch cable broke. Ill have to try that once i get home. Im hoping that's all it is

check for a mark inside clutch cover - breaking that cable may mean you're pulling clutch right out to the side - simple adjustment when you fit new cable

I was thinking it might be the clutch. I did pull the head and pushed the piston with my hand, it moved just fine. I did just rebuild the top end but i did these before with no problems.

Back