Loctite Suggestions & Maintenance Schedule

Search

Local time
3:12 AM
I think I finally got my bike tuned to where I want it (for now). This coming weekend I will be Loctiting the motor mounts down. I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions as to other areas I could Loctite while I have it out (I have blue, orange, red).

Also , what is a general maintenance schedule for these bikes/motors? I will be driving it pretty daily and I have an odometer attached to the bike... so if you all can give me suggestions on some kind of maintenance schedule / what to check for / ect ect...

Thanks as always, appreciate all the help... you guys are awesome.

what is a general maintenance schedule for these bikes/motors?
Hope this will be of some help for ya.

Blue/medium strength is all you should ever need. Red/high strength definitely holds better, but generally needs to be heated with a torch to get it to release. If I were going to use it I would limit it to motor mount nuts, but not on the studs into the engine side.

I have only ever used blue. I just use different types depending on the application, but 243 covers 90% of fasteners as it has the highest temp rating of the standard blues (350F). 2422 is useful for exhaust flange bolts as it is ceramic based and has a temp rating up to 650F. The downside to 2422 is it is rather pricey, and only comes in one size.

Back