Loctite

A

apratt

I am getting ready to install my motor to my bicycle, according to the warranty it says not to use Loctite or it will void the warranty. Why is that? To me seem like Loctite would help keep everything together and not have things come loose, fall apart and cause problems. I rather avoid these problems as 2-stroke tend to viberate a lot. Thanks in advance for any info.

Are you really going to follow the non-warranty-voiding break-in requirements too?

I think using some blue loctite would be a good idea too. I can't think of a good reason not to. However, if some meathead used some red all over the place instead and then later stripped a bolt head, or damaged some threads or whatever and wanted it warrantied I could see that being a problem. So maybe the company (or individual) is just covering their butt.

the only place i would use it on is the motor mounting studs. thats realy the only places that tend to get loose.

I don't think I'll follow the break-in to the letter....no. In the past I had a 2-stroke motorcycle and a lot of the nuts and bolts would vibrate lose. I just can't see why using loctite would void the warranty. What harm can loctite do to the motor?

Loctite is your friend. Loctite everything on your bike, it will vibrate loose and you will lose nuts, bolts, mufflers, air cleaners, kick stands, fenders, etc. I used to use red until I had to EZout a couple of my clutch cover bolts now I'm a firm believer in the blue...Kelly

what color is your bike ?

My bike is chrome , black and loctite blue! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Loctite voiding the warranty? That is the stupidist thing I have heard to date.

Loctine will save your but but you can always tack weld the nuts to the bolts like I did.

DrewD said:
Loctite voiding the warranty? That is the stupidist thing I have heard to date.

Loctine will save your but but you can always tack weld the nuts to the bolts like I did.

That is what I though!! On the 4 page paper I got with my motor. On the warranty section this is what it says quote... "The Use of Loc Tight on engine parts of anykind will Void Warranty.. No exceptions!!!" end quote. I couldn't beleive that when I read that.

Dax has already read posts in which I talked about warrenty voiding activity, so I hope I don't need to warrenty anything. He may read this....so y'all are done too..... :)

Well by the time I get my bike together I'll be past the 30 warranty, so it would make no difference.

Back