Lohmann 18cc Diesel Engine

S

setch

Anyone have any experience with the german Lohmann 18cc diesel engine? They were around back in the early 50's and I've been searching without success to locate one. I've heard that the engine was put on bicycles and that they got around 450 miles per gallon.

Attachments

• lohmann.jpg
    lohmann.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 3,556
Once in awhile, there will be one on Germany's E Bay. Go to E Bay, scroll to bottom of page,& click on Germany. Then type the word " hilfsmotor" in the search box. You can " copy & paste" the description in online translators to read it.[ as best as they can do] They are rare & $$ over there, too.

im looking for the lohmann-18cc-bicycle-diesel-engine for my bike if anyone has one for sale can contact me on facebook

Hi what would this engine be worth?
As any antique pricing goes, it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay. This guy couldn't find one 10 years ago so I'd say today it's worth a pretty decent price, do as he said and browse German eBay for some ideas.

If you have one you are lucky, if it's running you'd be nuts to sell it. Put it in a bike and be cool.

Anyone have any experience with the german Lohmann 18cc diesel engine? They were around back in the early 50's and I've been searching without success to locate one. I've heard that the engine was put on bicycles and that they got around 450 miles per gallon.
I just inherited Two complete sets. email me if you are interested. notnerd@earthlink.net

Back