long distance chinese-engine endurance?

I've done 90 miles at full throttle uphill most of the way without any issues. I did stop several times for bathroom breaks and top off the fuel tank. Left engine running at each pit stop because I was in the middle of nowhere and didn't want to risk a no start situation.

Maxima 927 racing oil at 5 oz per gallon is what I used but will use whatever castor/synthetic blend oil. It can handle the heat of continous throttle operation.

Engine mounts held up fine with no loosening. I replace all engine and exhaust studs with US made ones and use couplers as nuts. The couplers have 4x times more thread that allows me to apply a ton of torque to the engine studs without stripping any stud thread. I also use red loctite on everything ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
i think its a tiger 2 stroke 80cc, that livefst sells but don't know if loco got it from him......he said it in a previous post, l was also amazed :eek:
after reading it l purchased a tiger engine also, locally, cheaper than on the internet. l havent had one prob or leak since l've had it, very strong puller 8)

yes it is a Tiger from livefast, it has been a workhorse for me,it has outlasted all other motors that I have owned,before I tare it down do you want photos of it set by step it has as of now 9118 miles on it that I can prove, I did run it a littlewhile befor I put a tach and speedo on it I would guess 250 miles or so......let me know Dax,.....Loco:p

My longest ride was a bit over a hour, my butt was fine and the engine was fine too. I blew a front tire. Funny thing was Is I had decided to ride for a hour and then turn around and head home.

I usually only ride mine for 15-20 mins to and from work or school. This weekend I plan on going on a 40 mile ride/camping trip. I'm hoping I dont have any problems because that would be 1 heck of a pedal or even push back for someone that's as out of shape as I am.

I couldnt put the 70cc dax kit on my normal bike since the shocks was in the way so I pulled the 15 y/o rusty bike and replaced the flat tires with solid tires. I made the mistake of not swapping out the seat and was sore between my legs for a couple of days. Haven't had any problems since I installed my trusty old split seat. The one I have is similar to the original easy seat found on http://www.hobsonseats.com/products.html

Winston, does your bike have the seat post suspension on it. Some one gave me that advice and I still thank them.
Doc

i have done 50 - 80 milers nonstop i put blue loctite on all the bolts just for safety

long distance

today, i took Creep on a 60 mile round-trip jaunt. :cool:
Took a right onto Oracle, and for whatever reason....just kept going.

Stayed on Oracle it turned into HWY 77 until I was a fair ways out of town and started circling around the backside of the mountains. Cruised into Catalina State Park for a bit, then continued north.

Kept on until i reached the Oracle Junction and stopped for grub. a full belly, bottle of water, and one Marlboro Red later, headed home in the dark.

Fresh air, good weather, and some self-time. good for me.

lemme tell ya'. I had a BLAST! :):).

here's links to some video i shot with my crappy cell phone. you'll notice i have to gun it, let off the throttle and gun it again. have to because of the misfire.

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/mmps/...=90&contenttype=application/x-quicktimeplayer

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/mmps/...=90&contenttype=application/x-quicktimeplayer

Attachments

• park.jpg
    park.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 428
well this had got me buggerd for awile!! honking along on my first Mb-have only done roughly 5 tanks of fuel-when my bike falters once then twice then...no more,see a lot of fuel running out of the air filter so i think "must be carbi" after checking everything and finding no fault i pulled the engine apart to find the barrel had been severely scoured and piston is grooved to a point that i believe lack of compression in the engine may be what i believed was the problem with the flooding !! (ideas) as to the cause of the damage all i can presume is a gudgeon pin clip breaking free and running up the side of the barrel though the scouring is found on both sides of pin/oil return.
DSC00045.jpgDSC00042.jpg

Maybe when I break in the engine I will take it for a long trip. I will go 60 miles and hope that I don't have to pedal back home.

Back