Long distance rides?

And /or,,, ride 5 sets of 20 miles each... Ha...

If you want to ride 100 or 250 miles a day then have at it,,, either you have too or want too,,, the rest of us will cover the ground we need...

BB,,, Wrench,,, I,,, and many other fit our rides into our day,,, the day into our rides...

We meet a young man that did the Vancouver to Newfoundland East Coast run that he did with pedals only...

7000 kms in 6 weeks,,, 7 rear tires,,, 4 fronts,,, wheel bearing change,,, a few chain repairs,,, on a $100 Ten Speed crap bike...
That works out to 100+ miles per day...

If I was to for-go something like that today,,, Id do it over a 3 month stint with engine...

Hopefully on a recumbent bike so I can sleep with out tipping over on the stright-aways... LOL

PS: He put in a few longer days on the flat lands to make up for the lost mileage in the Mountains of the West Coast Range,,, and the rolly-hills in the East...

All by human power too...Ha
That's insane I couldn't make it more than 35 miles on pedal power from the trail that runs to DC from here and that's all flat and paved

How many answers do you want? I just rapid-fire thought of 6 but they were all kinda mean spirited. Ride lots, practice, enjoy the outdoors, learn to take your time, get off the bike, and enjoy the route and the day, relax, enjoy the whole experience. Riding 100 miles on an ebike isn't that hard if you are an avid rider. I'm old and broke and I do it. When I was a kid I took a Continental Trailways 5-star from Portland to L.A., it had a stewardess that served soup and sandwiches. Played cards with her all night while the other cattle slept, I was in love... she took 10 dollars from me playing blackjack. Nowadays I would much rather ride 100 miles then be in a moble petri dish.
The outdoors is where my heart lives. I would of never guessed you for a romantic but a woman who could spank me in cards would get my juices flowing as well. Time isn't in issue especially in matters of love and who knows maybe I'll fall in love out there... If there's enough room left over for my bike that is XD

The outdoors is where my heart lives. I would of never guessed you for a romantic but a woman who could spank me in cards would get my juices flowing as well. Time isn't in issue especially in matters of love and who knows maybe I'll fall in love out there... If there's enough room left over for my bike that is XD
I see your a relatively new member so let me warn you that some people don't like anything that doesn't pollute the atmosphere every second it's running. Have a great day tomorrow and ride safe.

What's the disadvantage to bobble heads if I may ask? Also is that a nuvinci rear hub I spy!
I like bobble-heads actually but thinking that a spring-loaded seat post can compare with a real suspension is silly. It's a Rohloff Speed-hub I don't think the Nuvinci can take the torque from a 1000W mid-drive so I went with the Speedhub. Ride safe man.

I dont like the way that when I try to raise my arse up very slightly off the saddle, to avoid getting knocked and rubbed as I go over a bumpy section, the seatpost-sprung saddle follows my arse up and continues to hit and chafe against my sore points. 😣
(I would rather have static and predictable, but I have not tried every sus' seatpost!)

At least I got over my embarrassment about wearing stretchy synthetic fibers. Stopped riding on top of a bunch of folds and creases in sweaty damp heavy denim after finding out just how much that hurts on long rides.
The raw chafed through skin on my posterior points of contact.. never enjoyed the blowflies that landed on all my sweaty damp gloves and places that stank..
Cargo pants and a cotton t shirt are not practical! 😅

Imho! 🙃 We all started off as some dirtbag kid, riding or walking a 💩 bike for distance, in totally unsuitable clothing, and not choosing the most practical components regardless of price and image.
It was not as hard when we were young, had a higher pain threshold and *needed* to portray a mtb slopestyle image at all times even with no girls around to see it. ☺
I have to be wiser and kinder to myself now. 😅

Let's enjoy motor-ass-sisted (powered!) bikes of all kinds that work. 😃

Last edited:
Back