Long distance trips on motorized bicycles

Like 2 weeks of t shirt weather lol. This year in Minnesota I seen on the news yesterday like 2 out of 3 days this year Minneapolis had recorded either rain or snow like freaking London or something and the riding season is short enough the way it is. Oh well though that's why we have places in this great country like Arizona with 360 riding days a year allegedly.

I went on a decent ride today, rode from my home to town, about 12 miles, and from there to visit some family, about 10 more. From there i rode out to a friend, maybe another 10 miles, and from there I had to call a ride to pick me an the bike up, it had gotten too dark to see the potholes. I'm more afraid of the potholes than the traffic tbh.so around 30 or so miles today. Would have rode it home too, about 25 miles without the detours, if it hadn't gotten dark on me.

It's only recently my bike stopped breaking down for magnitude of reasons and I managed to get it in a reliable state as I grow more with it and understand more about it bit by bit.
Lol it's nice to know I'm not the only one that had this issue. Just one problem after another, an one day it just runs fine. Haven't had to repair a thing in 200 miles

I went on a decent ride today, rode from my home to town, about 12 miles, and from there to visit some family, about 10 more. From there i rode out to a friend, maybe another 10 miles, and from there I had to call a ride to pick me an the bike up, it had gotten too dark to see the potholes. I'm more afraid of the potholes than the traffic tbh.so around 30 or so miles today. Would have rode it home too, about 25 miles without the detours, if it hadn't gotten dark on me.
I got eaten alive by a pothole going just 15 mph in a dark alley. It turned my wheel sideways and over I went. Messed up both palms, gouged my chin and overextended my elbow. Now I wear gloves and a full face mask when I ride, use bright lights and respect them potholes.

Lol it's nice to know I'm not the only one that had this issue. Just one problem after another, an one day it just runs fine. Haven't had to repair a thing in 200 miles
It's been going good on my end as well, until yesterday when I used my bike after letting it sit for 2 weeks out in the cold. Engine started right up and died 20 seconds later and wouldn't start back up. Hoped back on the forum to find the sticky post about the wiring resistance values lol

I got eaten alive by a pothole going just 15 mph in a dark alley. It turned my wheel sideways and over I went. Messed up both palms, gouged my chin and overextended my elbow. Now I wear gloves and a full face mask when I ride, use bright lights and respect them potholes.
Full face helmet here as well, especially in the cold winter

What happens most often a bum will drag a shopping cart under an overpass or bridge jus leave it there in low light or dark smack into it knocks the s**t out of everything sends you flying off the trail into a river to be swept away totally missing person.
If I can't see spooky enough I'll get off and walk it hope a muggers not in the dark.

That's why I have lights on my bike.
I don't want to run into inspectorcritic's shopping cart. lol

DSCF9823.JPG

I got 2 of them there identicle but one is a Nestwing has 3X more light than the other, but they both have the same damn problem there is ring inside wrap in wire might be call the inductance coil I don't know the leads break off you half to open it up solder the leads back to get her without shorting out you have about
3 mm of space. But the guys are pretty good about seeing you get a good deal misdiagnoise send you out fat spare battery or something else.
Oh and if you ever do open one up there microwave torx screws if you tighten them too much you'll never get to open again you got to take mini files and file the heads off to fix it again.

Back