Long distance trips on motorized bicycles

Change the rear sprocket, I went drastically low with a 32 but I suggest at 34 or 36 tooth depending on hills
My kit came with a 44t sprocket, the hills here are pretty steep, barely any flat roads here. To be honest if the roads were flat, wouldn't mind at all pedaling everywhere after setting up a good bicycle as a daily.

I have a 44t sprocket and high compression head with high pro carb. I travel about 20 miles daily to and from work and ride around town which is flat here. I want to do a longer ride somewhere if I can get some people to ride with.

Karl I just might plan myself a bike trip this weekend to the nearest town. I'm off work this weekend and I think it would be nice to cruise on my bike with some music to listen to. Maybe a 5 or 6 hour cruise.

Karl I just might plan myself a bike trip this weekend to the nearest town. I'm off work this weekend and I think it would be nice to cruise on my bike with some music to listen to. Maybe a 5 or 6 hour cruise.

we have bike trails around here tht go for 100 miles or so north and south and even more east and west. i can travel almost 75miles straight south from my house without hitting a street light or stop sign. it's so nice!! i can get some super milage from hypermiling it. i'll take my bike on long runs, all day rides. just make sure everything is kosher, and any part you think is untrustworthy, replace or bring a spare and tools. it's nothing to carry an extra cdi and coil and a few tools. carry a patch kit if you haven't build the bullet proof tires i did a thread about. i haven't had to swap a cdi ( and they always go out 10 miles from home. lol. ) since i switched to a better set up of bbr's. every single one of them is still going. i only carry oil with me and my card now( or extra gas if i'm off roading), maybe some snacks. l say do it! go take tht ride. it's 24 degrees here, with snow. i ain't going nowhere.

Ya long rides are fun until fingers go numb from lack blood flow then hand cramps then ass hurts.
IMG_20190910_124516.jpg

Last edited:
Karl thanks for wonderful input. Here in the Sunshine State I have the nice year long weather to enjoy my bike. I will take this trip on the weekend and take me some snacks with me and have some fun. I'm google some bike trails in my area now.

we are gonna need pics, or it never happened. ;)

Back