Long Rear Motor Mount

BTW..... I am guessing I need something like this for my front rim to add a disc?

But somehow I doubt it. I don't think the front rim has that larger threaded area to "screw on" that adapter... but what do I know? Since your mags had discs installed that's something you didn't have to deal with. Time to go do some lookin'...

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Hmm...looks like I'm gunna likely have to buy a new front rim now. I suppose that gives me the excuse I need to match up the Grub-Lee rear rim (chrome band on the outside of a black rim with chrome spokes)... though I'm still looking to see if there is a way to retrofit my current rims.

Yeah... it seems that the safe/only decent option is to pick up a good front rim. Might as well go double walled and try to match the back as well. Looks like I'll be selling more crap from my other hobby to pay for stuff in this one.

:D

@DAMIEN1307 ... I also notice that you use that custom motor mount of yours up front. My brother has this frame and he has the large direct-mount up front on his motor like the Phantom does. His motor sits perfectly in the "triangle" and mounts direct. This method drops the motor a bit. Was there a practical reason you chose to go the motor-mount route versus just mounting the motor directly to the frame?

Perhaps there is a vibration dampening going the motor-mount route? It sure looks nice... but...

I'm trying to determine if the $30.00 for the CNC front motor-mount is a worthy purchase.

:)

Perhaps there is a vibration dampening going the motor-mount route? It sure looks nice... but...

I'm trying to determine if the $30.00 for the CNC front motor-mount is a worthy purchase.
It has a definite dampening effect and there is not constant adjustment tightening all the time either as I used blue locktite, lock washers etc.

It also has the motor sitting more upright as you do not want extreme degree of tilt forward that will have the carby just dumping gas into the intake which is also a plus for adjusting, tuning purposes.

Found the perfect front rim...except it's not bolt-on.

Am I correct in assuming "quick release" isn't good for this project?

EDIT: Maybe...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/StaTru-Osco-26X1-50-Wei-Front-B-O-6-Bolt-Disc-Wheel-36H-Bsb/32319540

Close up pic shows what appears to be quick release hub but it distinctly says BOLT-ON in the description...

It's got double wall. Free shipping. Seems a no-brainer.

Opinions?

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Having found no other "bolt on" front wheel that will take a disc aside from some expensive old-school used rims on ebay... I'm gunna assume these wally world rims are also quick release. After reading up... I'm reluctantly giving it a try.... the worst that happen is that my front wheel comes off at high speed... nothing big.

;)

Well now poo... what a pain in the ass. I simple can not find a front rim with both a disc brake mount and bolt-on hub. They are all quick release... and evidently I can't use a quick release rim on my thru-axle forks.

SO... I might actually end up having to go disc on the back (because I can't go rim)... and rim on front (because I can't seem to find a damn rim to go disc)...

Crazy. Maybe my search-fu is weak.

My weight prohibited me from using mags. They are very specific that their weight limit is 250lbs. Now, of course we all know there is a buffer in place, but being 280lbs +/- plus a 20lb motor ... I was none-too-keen on being 50 lbs over the stated weight limit on something that can break up as I ride down the road.

When I asked Bike Berry about the weight limit they were very clear that riding the bike ... being 280lbs ... would kill the warranty should something happen.

Back