Long street exhaust/Poo poo pipe

adrian101

Local time
11:01 PM
40.jpg

Does anyone on here have one? any noticeable difference in power or performance?

slight low end power gain over the stock pipe and muffler from what i can tell. (I got my pipe from l.e.b. on e-bay for $25.00)
but, i did modify mine by slightly legthening the pipe at the bend where it comes out of the engine for crank clearance.
I also took the baffle out of the muffler and modified it for better flow and a litle more noise. I cut the muffler end off to make it shorter and i cut it at an angle to make it look better. I hid the baffle up inside the muffler body.
the bad thing is that the pipe that i got leaks at the connection between the pipe and the muffler. it's nothing more than a thread together connection and it drips oil every once in awhile where the pipe and muffler screw together. in my opinion the nut on the pipe looks like it's for a peice of water pipe, and this nut screws onto threads on the end of the muffler.
it also came with a cardboard gasket to go on the end of the pipe where the connection is, but the gasket is useless.
longpipe.jpg

bbbbbbb.jpg

ccc.jpg

cc.jpg

chop5.jpg

yes mine is louder than the stock pipe, but that's because i modified the baffle. it has a nice deep "pop-pop-pop" sound to it at an idle. at speed it sounds pretty cool and since the end of the pipe is behind my ears, it's not that loud to me when riding it. I have no idea what the pipe sounds like right out of the box because i modified mine before i even tried it out.

i forgot to mention that it is not nearly as loud as a straightpipe with no muffler at all.
it's louder than stock, but quieter than a straightpipe.
if you have neighbors that don't like any noise, then modifying the baffle isn;t for you.
i'll bet that th emuffler is pretty quiet in it's stock form tho.
the baffle in it is exactly the same as what comes in the stock pipe.
the major difference is that there is no catylist thing inside of this pipe like in the stock one.

motified muffler poo poo pipe

I just bought one of these poo poo pipes.I saw and read what you did to the exhaust..what did you do to the guts and baffle and how did you do it?:bowdown:

I drilled 2 small holes in the flat plate on the back side of the baffle. I think they are 3/16" holes.
don't drill holes in the outer cap, drill the flat plate that goes up inside the muffler.
I also slid the end cap up inside of the muffler to hide it. So even tho my muffler looks like it just has a huge opening in the end, the baffle end plate is hidden up inside and it still has the stock small hole in it for the exhaust to come out.
bbbbbbbbb.jpg

here's what it sounds like (the gas tank was silver at this time)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry-Sjb_HQao

exhaust

yes mine is louder than the stock pipe, but that's because i modified the baffle. it has a nice deep "pop-pop-pop" sound to it at an idle. at speed it sounds pretty cool and since the end of the pipe is behind my ears, it's not that loud to me when riding it. I have no idea what the pipe sounds like right out of the box because i modified mine before i even tried it out.
would you build me an exhaust is i paid you?

Back