Long term reliability of qmatic cvt

MrAce

Local time
8:19 PM
Hi folks. I hope I am not asking a commonly asked or annoying question here but I have a Hs four stroke with a hoot gearbox/cvt my gearbox has gave out. I am considering purchasing a qmatic (if it will mate up to the hs. I know I need an adaptor for it to fit). What I really want to know is how reliable are the qmatic drives long term? I am the sort of guy that will ride my bike every day weather permitting. Will installing a quality cvt allow me to ride every day? Who out there has over 10k miles on one? Do they last that long? What is a realistic lifespan for one of these drives?

Since small CVTS use thick metal variators and belts, they only need scheduled replacement of the belt on occasion. I've never heard of those big metal variators failing from a small engine and the rubber belt. The belts are cheap too. Some of the small cvt systems use a centrifugal clutch, which needs replacing every once in a while as well.

By my knowledge, the CVTS used in scooters and pocket bikes need belt replacements after 5k miles. They can go for much more than that, I'm reading about someone on scootdog.com getting 8k out of it. As long as it doesn't slip and have obvious cracks or splits, it's good. When the belts start to go, they create slippage, which makes rpms rise with wear. It will let you know when it needs replacing before it ever fails, they usually don't tear apart, just slip.

I've heard nothing but good things from qmatic drives (from what people say on youtube)

Back