Long time lurker, first time poster...

Mr.B.

Local time
11:13 AM
Good morning team,

Long time lurker here, but I've been checking the site almost daily since I joined in 2008 so I feel like I actually already know a bunch of the regulars & their machines.

About me:

I live in Dubuque Iowa, I'm a self employed illustrator/commercial artist- I primary work for the toy industry as a conceptual artist.

I've always loved antiques and I'm especially drawn to pre WW1 vehicles.

Other hobby's include house restoration (currently a 1857 Italianate) and playing rock-n-roll drums. In fact it was a friend from a vintage drum forum that introduced me to this site- Thanks Dean!

I've always wanted to build a replica of a brass era car or bike and of course this site has greatly influenced me towards a bike "-)

I've started to build my project in late in 2008 but...

(Ha)

I still a have a very long way to go. However I have now set a goal to have it done by summer!

It's not so much an actual replica as a detailed originated "retro 1909" inspired build that will use an fictitious "brand" I've conceived for just for this project (period style logo included).

I promise to post pictures and detailed background information about it soon- Perhaps even a sort of on site retroactive blog (thread) in the general section if that wouldn't deemed too pretentious?

This would be easy enough to do as I've been regularly taking progress pictures/ and communicating through E-mail about it with a friend who also building a very cool retro 50's project.

And yes I will encourage him to join the forum or at least I'll post pics of his project when he has completed it.

Thanks,

I'll look forward to our future discussions.

-Kirk

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Kirk!! I think the forum you are looking for to post your progress would be heratige lane. I am looking forward to seeing pics of your bike, I love the classic look.
Glad you quit lurking.
Daryl

The toy industry ???
Make sure you don't use any Lead Paint on that Bike !!!!
Ha.. Ha .....
Welcome , Can't wait to see some pics of that Bike !!!

lurker / poster...

Hi Kirk,
Seems were into the same sort of bike style. I built a Circa 1920 looking contraption called a "Nomatic". New Project is a pre-teen looking bike powered by a 4-cycle dual pushrod mill, calling it a "Roam-a-bout".
Looking forward to seeing your project.
bri.

Back