longest time youve rode before a breakdown on HT?

About 800 miles now. Plagued with chain problems until I replaced it with a #41 from NAPA.
Otherwise it has been trouble free.

Wow. you guys have had some luck! I really got nickel and dimed on mine.

i have about 450 miles on mine, and have...
-snapped motor mount off inside. my dad did a poor job drill and tapping, which led to more problems, like the casing breaking off.
-had to replace the throttle once.
-replace throttle cable twice. (kept snapping!)
-replaced spark plug once
-replaced lost bolt on exhaust.

done!

im signing this as my brother calls me, with good reason.

-n00b.

ht miles

greetings from Oklahoma the most MB friendly state in the union. I have 1050miles on my bike with a HT Im having electiical problemsnow but untill now all the broblems have been with the bike, tires,. brakes , fenders. etc. .i installed a SBP kit at 400 miles and made it alot more of a crusier. That is better around town and for longer trips.:helmet:

well ive ridden 300miles and then bam!! motor mount broke and my drilling and tapping job failed so it is in my garage waiting for a new half crankcase

Well, I got 2500 miles (2480 or something) on my HT 65cc, which was the best. I got it from DAX.

My first motor was something I got on EBAY, I don't know the source, I got 1500 miles on it before the wrist pin bearings went.

I then went and got a DAX hearing good things about them, obviously there are other good companies. The first DAX wen 400 miles and the wrist pin bearings went - DAX sent me another one and let me keep the first for "parts" (geez, I got a lot of "parts"...).

The second DAX was the one I got 2500 miles on. It was still running but noisy and losing power. I was able to wiggle the crankshaft a little, so I am pretty sure the main bearings are going.

Most problems I have had otherwise due to my errors - not getting the good motor mounts, not rubber mounting the motor (I use pieces of inner tubes), the sock I use as a prefilter for the air filter getting caught in the drive sprocket (YIKES - now I tie the end of it to the frame). A fair number of flat tires, innertubes I get off of junk bicycles are often better than WalMart - at least they have held air at SOME point.

I can go on and on, and usually do too much I think

Chris

Not strictly on topic ...

2500 miles on a 32cc piped GEBE - mostly at WOT

only things that have broken are spokes...

Still on original belt
No punctures

Still considering taking it to the US and doing the round america run... if I can get sponsorship

The moral of this is I think you get what you pay for - true the GEBE are more expensive by some way than the CHG based kits but they are half the displacement (as standard) and just as adjustable and modifiable - I think the only thing with them is that they dont do a frame mount model...

800 miles ran it like i stole it then sucked intake gasket in made it home but my have done some damage cant get to rev high again top speep was 33mps know 27 is it still trying some things though rode it to work and home 25miles guest not the same power

My first HT 80 was from Kings and it was a screamer that I rode aprox 2,000 miles and sold to a guy that blew it up in a week. Second HT was a Dax 65 that also ran hard and I put at least 1,500 -1,800 miles on it and sold it to the same guy and he blew it up in 2 weeks. Now I got a Chriss Hill 80 and I just about have it broke in at 500 miles or so and aint sellinthis one. It's by far the best runnin smoothist riden hardest pullen of the three. None of them gave me more trouble than a bad gasket or two and of course a few flat tires . I now use the super thick thorn proof tubes and the hard glowing green liners between the tube and tire and haven't had a flat in a long while (knock on wood) This latest bike is a 1953 Columbia with a monarch springer and Super H/Duty Worksman wheels with 10g spokes.It pulls a trailer and my fat butt and will easilygo 30mph Not bad at all concidering all the weight and a 36 tooth rear SP . This bike is a heavy beast but solid as a rock...Tom in West by God Virginia

Back